Category PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 25, 2016 at 6:32 AM       22,842       45            
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well... the PS4 4.01 Ksploit that was demonstrated yesterday by the Chinese Pavilion Safety Research Lab may be confirmed by an unlikely source- Sony themselves, as they just released a PlayStation 4 System Software 4.05 Update this morning which 'improves' the quality of the system performance! :nolove:

Download: PS4 Firmware 4.05 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 4.05 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 4.05 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 4.05 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 4.05 Update (JP)

To quote from Sony's European Page: An update to the system software for PlayStation 4 systems was released on 25 October 2016. You can use this to update your system software to version 4.05.

Main features in system software update 4.05
  • This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.
As always, we'll update this article when confirmation from PlayStation 4 hackers comes... until then it's probably a very, very good bet to NOT update your PS4 Firmware just yet!

:fire: THANKS to @Jeff for the holla in the PSXHAX.COM Shoutbox! :fire:
PS4 Firmware Update 4.05.jpg

Comments

Status

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
I wonder if Sony already knew about it, or if they might have added a patch into the 4.05 Firmware Update as I notice their server date for it is from 2016_1011... hopefully we'll hear word from someone at the Ksploit camp to find out soon ;)

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
On the bright side, if Sony did patch it.. they may decide to share it if they weren't planning to before :coffee:

Status
Recent Articles
Built-in Microphone Rumored for DualShock 5 Controller Hints Sony Patent
We've heard rumors of PS5 AI Voice Assistance via PlayStation Assistant for PlayStation 5 before, and the latest Sony patent discovery suggests a built-in microphone may be slated for the upcoming...
Blu-Play DOOM I Port by Sleirsgoevy, Homebrew Games with C / C++
Following the second PS4 Blu-Play homebrew release The UFO Game! from LuBlu Entertainment, developer sleirsgoevy demonstrates that you can create Blu-ray Disc Java homebrew with C or C++ using...
Installing PS4 Gentoo Linux on PlayStation 4 Guide by Mircoho
After the recent PS4 Gentoo Kernel Sources 5.3.7 with Baikal Chip Patches, here is a guide by me (@mircohoooo) covering how to install Gentoo Linux on PlayStation 4 and turn your PS4 into an...
PKGEditor for PS4 Updated by Maxton with EKPFS / XTS Key Support
Since yesterday's PS4 PKG Backporting updates PlayStation 4 scene developer maxton of Maxton.xyz announced on Twitter that he updated the LibOrbisPkg PkgEditor adding support for EKPFS / XTS keys...