Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Aug 11, 2023 at 5:53 PM       11      
Status
Not open for further replies.
While a PS5 Slim version of the PlayStation 5 console is rumored to arrive next month, some images and videos of the new PlayStation 5 Model CFI-2016 case have already surfaced online courtesy of Chinese forum BBS.A9VG.com via the_marmolade on Twitter alongside @BwE of BetterWayElectronics.com.au aka BwE_Dev on Twitter for the PS5Scene to check out. 🤩

BwE_Dev on Twitter described the rumored PlayStation 5 Slim (CFI-2016) stating, "I would say its about 5cm or so shorter, not much thinner. Weird curve in the middle with smaller vents. The BD drive is less curved so it looks weird. Has two ugly black slits on each side of the case. Dual USB-C on the front. Stupid embossed 🔺✖️⭕⏹️ on the rear. Boring ASF."

According to another of BwE_Dev's Tweets: "Note that the SKU on the case doesn't have A or B (Disc/Digital). So my guess is that it comes without the drive and you buy it and attach it later like in the video? Would it then be slim enough to call it a slim? Maybe. It's definitely thinner when you compare the bottom."

He also stated on Twitter: "Can confirm the CFI-2016 will have a smaller PSU, but it does not appear to be more power efficient. Model ADP-400GR."
PlayStation 5 CFI-2016 (Rumored PS5 Slim) Case Images and Videos.png

Comments

If it is real and accurate then I am happy for you guys that wants it for a cheaper price. For me, i am glad to have my original PS5 with 2.30FW :LOL:

Well, here I was. Expecting nothing, and somehow still disappointed. For real, a slightly less huge console would have been appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back