Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter vivvvi       12      
Status
Not open for further replies.

vivvvi

Contributor
Hi guys, have recently gone from CEX => DEX and have had some game backup launching issues I thought I'd share.

Mafia II - "trophy data corrupt" message on startup until I change the Active PS3ID > EID5 = CEX
now runs, so no problem, might help others.

Skate 3 - "scanning for downloadable content" and never gets past this screen.
1. It was working in CEX
2. I have tried uninstalling gamedata and user data, still no dice.

I'd like to set the IDPS at boot using WebMan, however I am not clear on how to do this.

Is resigning the EBOOT.BIN to DEX for Skate 3 something that is worth a try?
I'd prefer to stay on DEX.

Being on DEX and REBUG 4.80.1 what do I need to do to go safely online?

Thanks, vivvvi.

Console in dex mode is useless these days , better to stay in cex , unless u r developer. There is no gain converting to dex and lot's of issues ;)

Thanks misiozol, the reason I moved to DEX was for my son who wanted to use mod menus in GTA V.

I am actually a developer, however I have no intentions of coding for the PS3.

Maybe I should be looking if this can be done in CEX, but my understanding was that DEX is needed for this sort of game modding. Can the same be achieved on CEX?

The only problems I have had so far is these 2 games, most other things seem to be working correctly, although I have not looked into getting anything online yet until I understand more. I thought that I could maybe resign the eboots to DEX.

I thought being in DEX and rebug 4.80.1 I would have nothing to do to psn safely.

vivvvi.

Thanks,

Yes I have also installed CCAPI but have not explored it.

Just the brief bit of reading here, now I guess I can use CCAPI to do similar in CEX, but using Real Time Mods on the PC?

Thanks for the leads, I've been out of the scene a few years and decided to dust off the old PS3..
It's quite remarkable how far the CFW scene has come!

vivvvi

If you are on Dex use Dex eboots, if not it results in black screen freezing, I experience this problem when I switched over to Dex and I deleted game update and reinstalled and it worked but always a thing to remember change your eboot. Did you just start modding or how long have you been modding and what cfw?

Thanks RickyRedDoT.

I have been modding for a while, but previously I just left things on Kmeaw 3.11, but more recently moved to CFW REBUG 4.80.1, Webman Mod & CCAPI etc. I'm only now just getting my head around how all these things work together.

My experiences with DEX has been most things work, bar a couple, as mentioned Skate 3 I've tried everything bar a DEX EBOOT.BIN

If I could get everything I and the kids play running, I'd happily stay on DEX but for now I've moved back to CEX to keep things less complicated while I attempt to get a version of GT6 running. Skate 3 (to my sons delight) is back and running again, at some stage I will try and get a DEX eboot going for it.

I have tried almost everything trying to get Gran Turismo 6 going, get nothing but a black screen (forced to hard reboot & repaired OS).

DEX, CEX, MMcm (cobra mode), Multiman (normal mode) BD Mirror, internal, external, launched via Webman mod as both files/folders and as an (genps3iso) iso.

Tried patching EBOOT manually, unsigning, converting to DEX.... debug EBOOTs, still no luck.

Updated to GT6 with game updates to 1.22, tried running at many versions of the updates with corresponding eboot versions... no change.

All still to no avail... version I'm trying to get going is BCES01893

Cheers all, thanks so much for this very insightful forum.

vivvvi.

If u back on cex try to delete all game data incl. game , make another dump and then try gta works perfect from external in any mode ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back