Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter SockNastez       27      
Status
Not open for further replies.

SockNastez

Developer
Contributor
Hello so I have my PS3 on Rebug 4.81.1 REX and I am trying to use 999 downgrader since for some odd reason downgrading directly to 3.55 is not working for me. I have tried everything and I am positive the file is not corrupted. The PS3 just tells me it's unsupported data. I am not sure what the problem is someone please help, thanks.

Hello so I have my PS3 on Rebug 4.81.1 REX and I am trying to use 999 downgrader since for some odd reason downgrading directly to 3.55 is not working for me. I have tried everything and I am positive the file is not corrupted. The PS3 just tells me it's unsupported data. I am not sure what the problem is someone please help, thanks.

Can I just make a point..... 1) what firmware are you tryna get too?
2) try using rogero 3.55 if your trying to get back to 3.55 as using the 999 downgrader will obviously throw a corrupted file
3) if that doesn't work try what ever minimum rebug firmware is available on there site
4) are you sure your not on D-REX and could you possibly post a PIC of your rebug toolbox system info?

1) I am not trying to get to any firmware I am going to install otheros with a partition for Red Ribbon.
2) Nothing below my firmware will work.
3) Can't do that.
4) I am positive. LV2 Kernel: CEX Target Type: CEX

Use safe mode ;) and there are two .999 downgraders rogero and rebug ;) , have u checked SHA ? try other usb port , try different usb flash memory.

1) I am not trying to get to any firmware I am going to install otheros with a partition for Red Ribbon.
2) Nothing below my firmware will work.
3) Can't do that.
4) I am positive. LV2 Kernel: CEX Target Type: CEX
Just try installing 3.55 rogero and any bets it will work.... make sure it's in the right USB port

Need qa activated.

No, is not, you have to activate them before, from toolbox or qatoggle-355-4xx or even fron rebug.

Rebug just allows compatibility. "FEATURE – QA Token compatibility"

Why ppl always argue with me o_O

HOW TO Install & Uninstall REBUG

INSTALL:

From XMB install REBUG 4.21.x AND HIGHER over any 3.55 OFW/CFW/MFW or the same or lower firmware version CFW with spkg sig check patched or any firmware version CFW with spkg sig check patched and QA enabled.

UNINSTALL:
From XMB REBUG 4.21.x AND HIGHER can be uninstalled with the same or higher firmware version OFW/CFW/MFW or with REBUG 3.55.x REX EDITION on a QA enabled PS3 or with the ‘999’ DOWNGRADER if QA was NOT enabled.

I had a ps3 and it went rsod. So I ran a rsod patch which didn't work I then tried to run the 999 downgrader to get back to 3.55 so I could get my hdd decrypt keys and after that the system died.

So I thought no problem I will restore my Original NOR File. When I restore this file the system will turn on for 3-5 seconds then instantly turn off. So I ran PS file checker on this Nor and all comes back clean.

I then ran the ps patcher on my original NOR File and wrote that and now the PS3 Boots but its stuck on please install 999 bla bla bla. When I try any firmware including OFW they will either error out and tell me they are not valid or they will give the data is corrupted error.

Any clue how I can get this PS3 system going again? Thank you for any help. If you need to move this to a new topic that would also be fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back