Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter IamUnknowN       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.

IamUnknowN

Contributor
Hello everyone, first of all i would like to ask you if you guys know why the ps3 got in demo mode? For a period of time i had my ps3 at my brother and now when i got it it s on demo mode. Does anybody know why?

Secondly, its on demo mode 4.81, I tried to get out of demomode by typing in the code 7897 and it works but after I restart the ps3 it goes back to demo mode. I tried with the ps3 reverter 4.81 But it says that there are no file, for update. If anyone knows and want to help me i'll be more explicit. Thank you!

There are a few 4.81 Reverters made by different people, but I would give THIS 4.81 Reverter a try following the instructions HERE for updating via USB stick. ;)

So the PS3 demo console is currently on OFW 4.81 (not 4.82) and when you put the 4.81 Reverter .PUP file on a USB stick in /PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP (in CAPS following THIS) it gives you that screenshot error?

If yes, the next question would be have you tried the two other 4.81 Reverters? Although the links may be dead for them, there are probably mirrors somewhere or they could be reuploaded.

Reason being, sometimes Sony discreetly changes their PUP files with alternate ones that have the same version number as the one that may be installed on the console... if that was the case yours may need a newer (or older) 4.81 Reverter to work.

The answer is yes it gives me that screeshot, no doubts because the files were already in that form in ZIP. So i just extracted on the USB stick.

I guess i’ve tried the other 4.81 reverters, you’re right some of the links are dead but i guess i’ll try all the working links again tomorrow, if it won’t work, do you think i can do something else to get my console alright again?

You said something about a newer/older 4.81 reverter. Do you think you can help me getting those reverters? I hope we’ll get it fixed. Thanks a lot for the time!

If you don't have any luck tomorrow with the links let me know and I'll try to dig up the other 4.81 reverter from my local archives and mirror it for you to try.

Also can you take a pic of what it says on this screen (you can block out the IP and MAC address info) that would reassure me the version the console is currently on also:
  • System Settings > System Information > System Software version
Worst case scenario if nothing else works you could always update it to 4.82 and then try the 4.82 Reverter to change it back to a retail PS3 console.

Unfortunately i didn't have luck, all the links are dead, only that one you gave me is working and i tried yesterday with it.

Here is the screenshot of the system software version:

HcPAPlD_d.jpg

Thanks.. As suspected, it appears it's on 4.82 which likely explains why the 4.81 Reverter wasn't working.

Have you tried the 4.82 Reverter linked in my last post?

Finally mate it's updating right now.

iN7IZW1.jpg
Thanks a lot mate, you are the best. I think after this update it will be all fine right?

Edit: It's all alright now, thanks a looottt mate, you're the BEST!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back