Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Manny1967       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manny1967

Contributor
i did steps to dump my firmware. it all went good until i restarted my ps3 and the system said that system could not be started and to insert system software 4.80 or above.

i put my rogero downgrader in and the system said checking, and that was were it ends it stays on that for as long as i keep the system on till i get frustrated and turn it off. have i bricked my system? HELP!!

You was in cfw and want to downgrade to 3.55 cfw. or u have a ps3 with ofw and u want to downgrade ??
i have a cech 2001a and i have the e3 flasher Limited edition and watched a youtube video on how to do it i did all the steps on it to the best of my ability, got my dumps, patched them put it on a micro sd card put it in and i get to the response i posted above.

the ps3 system had 4.80 before i did this. this is the first time doing this so i am frustrated and discouraged. but i am tenacious!!

i have a cech 2001a and i have the e3 flasher Limited edition and watched a youtube video on how to do it i did all the steps on it to the best of my ability, got my dumps, patched them put it on a micro sd card put it in and i get to the response i posted above.

the ps3 system had 4.80 before i did this. this is the first time doing this so i am frustrated and discouraged. but i am tenacious!!
i dont know what mojo came my way, but i decided to hook up the bluray player up and it seems to be working!!

this part wasnt on the youtube video. i am at 93%,94%,95%,96%,97%,98%

I'd give it a bit to be safe, if you end up getting an error code post it and I can try to research what's going on with it from there. ;)

I'd give it a bit to be safe, if you end up getting an error code post it and I can try to research what's going on with it from there. ;)
its still on 98%. However i bought this ps3 for $20 at a pawn shop cuz the drive didnt work. i started it up when i got home and the hdd works it loaded up fine it had a 250 gb hdd. i did not check the optical drive in a hurry to get the teardown of my downgradable ps3!!

i have a 3001a, cechg01, ceche01 one cant be downgraded, the older fat ps3 doesnt boot (i was hoping for it to be 3.55) and the newer fat ps3 has nand flash which the e3 doesnt work on. in case i forget, thanks for the help!!

its still on 98%. However i bought this ps3 for $20 at a pawn shop cuz the drive didnt work. i started it up when i got home and the hdd works it loaded up fine it had a 250 gb hdd. i did not check the optical drive in a hurry to get the teardown of my downgradable ps3!!

i have a 3001a, cechg01, ceche01 one cant be downgraded, the older fat ps3 doesnt boot (i was hoping for it to be 3.55) and the newer fat ps3 has nand flash which the e3 doesnt work on. in case i forget, thanks for the help!!
Success!! i tried rebug 4.81 software and it worked. can i at some point put the official 3.55 on? or i gotta re-flash? or is this sufficient? is there advantages to the lower rogero firmware?

If it was me I'd use the latest Rebug 4.81.2 with Cobra 7.50... as for going back to OFW I'm trying to think of a good reason for doing so at this point :unsure:

PS3 CFW consoles are worth far more than OFW consoles are these days, but you can format the HDD and install 3.55 OFW through the Recovery Menu if you choose to do so:

PlayStation 3 Recovery Menu
  • Turn off the PlayStation 3.
  • Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
  • Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
  • When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
  • You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button.
  • The Recovery menu will pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back