Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday we saw a brief guide covering PS3 Games with Older LIC.DAT Titles, and @ShadixAced shared a link HERE of a PlayStation 3 game compilation listing that can be injected with backups using PARAM.SFO license directory modifications with update patches running on OFW 4.75 through 4.81. (-8

To quote from in1975, roughly translated: Games running on OFW 4.75-4.81

1. Afro Samurai (BLUS30264)
2. Beyond: Two Souls (BCES01123 + NPEA90127) - release of Csalr etepm an
3. Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box (BLES00462)
4. Call of Duty World at War (BLES00404) - most likely works and an American
5. Call Of Juarez Bound In Blood (BLUS30347)
6. Fight Night Round 4 (BLUS30285)
7. FlOw (NPUA80001)
8. Gran Turismo HD Concept (NPUA80019)
9. Heavy Rain: Move Edition (BCES00802 + NPEA90076) - release of Csalr etepm an
10. Mirror's Edge (NPEB90114 + BLES00322 or NPEB00052)
11. MotorStorm Pacific Rift (BCES00129)
12. Need for Speed Undercover (BLES00450)
13. Rayman Legends (NPEB90505 + NPEB01356)
14. Sleeping Dogs (NPEB01046 + NPUB90832)
15. Star Wars The Force Unleashed - The Ultimate Sith Edition (BLUS30445 + BLUS30144)
16. Stranglehold (BLES00144 + NPEB90044 or NPHB00017)
17. Syndicate (BLES01371 + NPUB90713)
18. Timeshift (BLES00159 + NPEB90036 or NPEB90049)
19. Trine (NPEB90200 + NPEB00100)
20. Watchmen The End is Nigh Part 2 (NPEB00108)
21. WipEout HD Fury (BCES00664)

If you want to prepare the specified games for the console on the console, then see below: The method, how to make the game work, is pretty simple. The game should have an official patch (and how else will we launch it from the internal disk?).

The patch is being unpacked, the contents of USRDIR, except for EBOOT.BIN and updated files (if any) are taken from the disk version. PARAM.SFO (from the disk) is edited. Change the Category from DG to HG and App Version to the patch version.

In detail about each game:

Spoiler

:arrow: Update: All Games Already Patched and Working Here alongside PS3GameExtractor_v1.8.zip (7.6 MB) and PS3GameExtractor_v1.8.1.zip (7.6 MB) followed by PS3GameExtractor_v1.8.2.zip (7.6 MB) from ErikPshat for those interested!

PS3 OFW 4.81 Backup Games Injection LICDIR Mods Listing and Guide.jpg

Comments

Look what i found guys

1: FTP into /dev_hdd0/vsh/task/ and make folder a folder called 0000XX (the folder name is random so it will be any number) to make it a bit easier, go to Brewology.com and download a random PSN package. Install it. This will make the folder for you.

2: Now you should have a folder 000000XX go into it and pull the folowing files down: d0.pdb (psn database) d1.pdb and ICON_FILE.

3: Drag d0.pdb file into a Hexeditor HXD is a good hexeditor.

4: Change the name of the current PKG to what you want it to be, it has to be same amount of letters as the previous name, (so make sure you get a largish pkg, like a demo or something, so you have more room to work with) otherwise it wont show, although it can be anything, as long as you dont add or subtract to the pdb.

5: Change the Content-ID to the name of your homemade pkg. eg: IV0001-BLESXXXX_00-00000000000000. You have to make these edits to d0.pdb and d1.pdb

6: Now for the part i actually did discover XD. Put .jpg on the end of the ICON_FILE to make it editable in say InfranView. It will come up with a standard icon. Now, take any picture you’d like (this will be the image you’ll see in the bubble)

7: Take the ICON_FILE from earlier, put .jpg on the end and go to edit in InfranView. Look at the dimentions on the picture, change your custom icon to match those of the ICON_FILE. Delete the old icon file. And rename your new custom icon to ICON_FILE.

8: Now fire up FTP, and head to dev_hdd0/task/00000XX/. Upload your files youve just made and also take the custom PKG and upload that as well into the same directory. Turn off the PS3, then turn it back on.

(If you forget the PKG, you’ll get an error stating the package couldnt be found.)

9: Now the package you’ve just uploaded should now be in a “PSN Pill” Press on it, and it will install.

Go back on to part 1 to install the rest of the game.

Just like Backup Managers, some games may not work, the EBOOT creator is still pretty experimental, so it wont be perfect but some games will work. Vanquish for example. :)

Gliitch

Is a tutorial for do "bubbles" method!

Look what i found guys

1: FTP into /dev_hdd0/vsh/task/ and make folder a folder called 0000XX (the folder name is random so it will be any number) to make it a bit easier, go to Brewology.com and download a random PSN package. Install it. This will make the folder for you.

2: Now you should have a folder 000000XX go into it and pull the folowing files down: d0.pdb (psn database) d1.pdb and ICON_FILE.

4: Change the name of the current PKG to what you want it to be, it has to be same amount of letters as the previous name, (so make sure you get a largish pkg, like a demo or something, so you have more room to work with) otherwise it wont show, although it can be anything, as long as you dont add or subtract to the pdb.

5: Change the Content-ID to the name of your homemade pkg. eg: IV0001-BLESXXXX_00-00000000000000. You have to make these edits to d0.pdb and d1.pdb

6: Now for the part i actually did discover XD. Put .jpg on the end of the ICON_FILE to make it editable in say InfranView. It will come up with a standard icon. Now, take any picture you’d like (this will be the image you’ll see in the bubble)

7: Take the ICON_FILE from earlier, put .jpg on the end and go to edit in InfranView. Look at the dimentions on the picture, change your custom icon to match those of the ICON_FILE. Delete the old icon file. And rename your new custom icon to ICON_FILE.

8: Now fire up FTP, and head to dev_hdd0/task/00000XX/. Upload your files youve just made and also take the custom PKG and upload that as well into the same directory. Turn off the PS3, then turn it back on.

(If you forget the PKG, you’ll get an error stating the package couldnt be found.)

9: Now the package you’ve just uploaded should now be in a “PSN Pill” Press on it, and it will install.

Just like Backup Managers, some games may not work, the EBOOT creator is still pretty experimental, so it wont be perfect but some games will work. Vanquish for example. :)

Gliitch

Looks promising, even though I don't understand :p

Look what i found guys

Gliitch

This is really nice and all, but how do you FTP into an OFW console? AFAIK there is no way to do it.

Could this be the fabled and secret "bubble method" mentioned here?
Look what i found guys

Gliitch

Is this the fabled and secret "bubble method" mentioned here?

https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps3-package-bubble-creation-pkg-game-transfer-to-ofw-rumors.2245/

Also an update t the Skate 3 inject I attempted: I did the inject (it didn't count as a "game backup" rather as "game folder"). I took the new backup, restored on my PS3 but there's nothing to be found, no install icon, no game, nothing. Is there a way I can get rid of it since it's taking up 6 gb of my precious and limited storage space?

Of course not, the first word in that tutorial should have given you a clue. FTP, you can't FTP on OFW. That is just the method to use install pkgs by PSN bubble install on CFW from years ago.

May be able to use it with backup injection rather than FTPing though.
I think we can with trueancestor backup retailer with idps or if the developer add the option for inject a pdb?

Hey guys persona 5 on ofw is giving starting operation error I was thinking if we some how connect the files of eboot extracted and downloaded by rpsc3 emulator I am damn sure that it can work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back