Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday we saw a brief guide covering PS3 Games with Older LIC.DAT Titles, and @ShadixAced shared a link HERE of a PlayStation 3 game compilation listing that can be injected with backups using PARAM.SFO license directory modifications with update patches running on OFW 4.75 through 4.81. (-8

To quote from in1975, roughly translated: Games running on OFW 4.75-4.81

1. Afro Samurai (BLUS30264)
2. Beyond: Two Souls (BCES01123 + NPEA90127) - release of Csalr etepm an
3. Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box (BLES00462)
4. Call of Duty World at War (BLES00404) - most likely works and an American
5. Call Of Juarez Bound In Blood (BLUS30347)
6. Fight Night Round 4 (BLUS30285)
7. FlOw (NPUA80001)
8. Gran Turismo HD Concept (NPUA80019)
9. Heavy Rain: Move Edition (BCES00802 + NPEA90076) - release of Csalr etepm an
10. Mirror's Edge (NPEB90114 + BLES00322 or NPEB00052)
11. MotorStorm Pacific Rift (BCES00129)
12. Need for Speed Undercover (BLES00450)
13. Rayman Legends (NPEB90505 + NPEB01356)
14. Sleeping Dogs (NPEB01046 + NPUB90832)
15. Star Wars The Force Unleashed - The Ultimate Sith Edition (BLUS30445 + BLUS30144)
16. Stranglehold (BLES00144 + NPEB90044 or NPHB00017)
17. Syndicate (BLES01371 + NPUB90713)
18. Timeshift (BLES00159 + NPEB90036 or NPEB90049)
19. Trine (NPEB90200 + NPEB00100)
20. Watchmen The End is Nigh Part 2 (NPEB00108)
21. WipEout HD Fury (BCES00664)

If you want to prepare the specified games for the console on the console, then see below: The method, how to make the game work, is pretty simple. The game should have an official patch (and how else will we launch it from the internal disk?).

The patch is being unpacked, the contents of USRDIR, except for EBOOT.BIN and updated files (if any) are taken from the disk version. PARAM.SFO (from the disk) is edited. Change the Category from DG to HG and App Version to the patch version.

In detail about each game:

Spoiler

:arrow: Update: All Games Already Patched and Working Here alongside PS3GameExtractor_v1.8.zip (7.6 MB) and PS3GameExtractor_v1.8.1.zip (7.6 MB) followed by PS3GameExtractor_v1.8.2.zip (7.6 MB) from ErikPshat for those interested!

PS3 OFW 4.81 Backup Games Injection LICDIR Mods Listing and Guide.jpg

Comments

did you try it with insert bluray disk game in ps3 (any game )? , those games you've tested must have a workaround method , the only thing needed is just trying and trying to figure it out

Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe is working tested by Russian PS3 it's already listed there

I've tested Two of prince of persia and AC1 , they all from Ubisoft but I got the same issue blackscreen , but those people with ODE have confirmed that they do work with insert any ps3 game disk
Insert Blu-Ray disc? Are you referring to inserting the original disc of the game and then booting it from the hard drive? If so, then having the original disc of the game itself already defeats the purpose of running it from the hard drive unless the disc is really scratched up.

There was something else on the forums not too long ago about inserting an original disc and changing the ID of your backup game to that original disc ID, then running the disc, but a lot of people complained about it not working to the point the thread got locked for being false info.

The MK Vs. DC on the Russian site you're referring to might be the 4.70 OFW thread, or the CFW -> OFW data transfer method, but it's certainly not the 4.81 Backup Injection one. There should be a way around the games I listed that don't run properly yet still meet the +Update/-Licdir requirements, but the one used for most of the games in the first post is not it.

yeah that's original game's disc , but not what was mentioned in the forums past ago , that idea of insert the disc was mentioned by list creator himself by noting that ps3 with ODE able to run those injected games on 4.70 without the need of swap disc , just any game's disk (but this just method to try things)

yeah The MK vs DC up to 4.70 or DTU , and that game work with lic.dat file even if it's older I don't know why

But what I really sure about is that if a game (those lower than 2.70 ofw) get booted and hung on blackscreen that means that this is the method but needs some unknown workaround to bypass it

Hey guys i have successfully injected Burnout , Mirror's edge , Sleeping dogs , Flow, and watchmen. But i have been trying to inject WipEout HD Fury for the last 2 days but in vain.

Im following this post's method [ WipEout HD Fury (BCES00664) + Patch 2.10. Patch 2.10 (BCES00664) is renamed to BCES00664DATA, the entire contents of the USRDIR folder are deleted, all dataXX.psarc is rushed to it from the disk.

PARAM.SFO removes the lines: PS3 System, Parental Lock Level, App Ver and Target Ver. Patch 2.10 (again) with the modified PARAM.SFO (HG and APP Ver 2.51) in the original folder (BCES00664) or in BCES00664GAME + DFEngine.sprx from patch 2.30 ] but im hard stuck at the "remove the lines" Can someone help me to know exactly what lines or cases i have to delete in hxd ? or just provide me with the modified param.sfo file.

Thanks in advance

I think the extracted file should go in folder 0popiso where there is no File
I extracted all .forge files into 0popiso folder and did inject but as expected got the eboot error 80029530. I used eboot.bin from update patch.

I also tried Vikings: Battle for Asgard BLES00242. I took eboot.bin from Patch 1.10 and in PARAM.SFO I changed DG to HG, App ver: 1.10 ... On launching, I get 'Disc read error, attempting to read data'. Once I remove the disc , I get 'Please insert the game disc to continue'. Any ideas to bypass this error?

alright then this time dont paste the extracted file in that folder paste them in usdir

also during backup restoration did u put the disc (i am asking for both cases)

alright then this time dont paste the extracted file in that folder paste them in usdir

also during backup restoration did u put the disc (i am asking for both cases)
Yes, I had yakuza 3 disc in the drive during both backups.
I will try pasting the .forge files in usrdir this time.
BTW, any suggestions for BLES00242?

Yes, I had yakuza 3 disc in the drive during both backups.
I will try pasting the .forge files in usrdir this time.
BTW, any suggestions for BLES00242?
it won't work believe me , as I told you earlier , you need to modify eboot for getting extracted files to works , but most importantly the modified eboot doesn't work on OFW

the problem isn't with extraction cause you don't need to extract .forge , the only type of files that require extraction is .psarc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back