Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While there are several PS3 OFW Methods and some older games that work on PS3 OFW 4.81 without a second console on Custom Firmware, it's time to reveal the final method to running PlayStation 3 game backups on 4.81. NO CFW/ODE/another bs. :ninja:

:alert: Be careful, there is a very high PSN ban risk. Already I lost few IDPS while online by testing this method. If you get banned on undowngradable console you got ban forever. Prefer to stay at 4.70 or to play offline. :alert:

This method I found few months later I decided to publish.

1. Put an original disc to your PS3. This game should be released after 2012! (these games already have lic.dat).
2. Download any game what you want.
3. Download game patch to this downloaded game.
4. Unpack patch to downloaded game replace everything you can.
5. Open now param.sfo
6. Change Title ID to your original disc game. Example I put to PS3 Uncharted 2 so I change title id to: BCES00757
7. Rename PS3_GAME folder to your original disc game on PS3 TITLEID Example BCES00757
8. Inject with TABR.
9. Start your game from BD. Now PS3 will start your game from patch.

Enjoy you tricked PS3 and launch another game from patch.
Nice security. LOLz.
PS3 OFW 4.81 Game Backups Without CFW Guide - High Ban Risk.jpg

Comments

In the message #6 of this thread the OP says that it has to be GD Gamedata, not BD bluray Disc...
If this is put at GD and the game doesn't need it, it decreases the chances to work.

But well, that's a goof from me. XD
can someone answer please.
Yep, you will still be banned because your IDPS or even your PSN will be banned (if Sony sees it)

All I could see is errors every time. @ShadixAced what game did you use to make it work? Maybe a video tutorial or a step-by-step? We would really appreciate the help since @NodexNL is not even responding considering he is the one who shared this method.

If this is put at GD and the game doesn't need it, it decreases the chances to work.

But well, that's a goof from me. XD

Yep, you will still be banned because your IDPS or even your PSN will be banned (if Sony sees it)
You got me wrong I mean if I injected a game and played offline and didnt get banned then can i format ps3 which deletes the injected game and then sign in to psn will i get banned then?

Hi Guys,

I followed this tutorial until step 7 - I have Shadow of Mordor and One piece[disc]. I downloaded the patch using PS3 Game Update and merged all files from the patch to the PS3_GAME folder.

Then, I changed PARAM.SFO's TITLEID to BLAS50715 as well as PS3_GAME folder is renamed as BLAS50715. Now, while using TABR, I have a doubt. Should I select option 3- Add Game Backup or 4- Add Game folder.

So, finally I must select 1, 3, S or 1,4,S.

Please help!

In the version 2.15, I choose Add Game Folder, but it isn't 4, it is 3...
Thanks , I hope the PS3_DISC.SFB file can be discarded. Also, I'm changing the PS3 version from 4.50 to 4.81 in PARAM.SFO. Will try injecting and let you know.

BTW , any games working other than burnout paradise ?

Yes, you can discard that file.

I think you will get 8001003E or, if the disk game starts running, it will go to the PS3 menu and you will get the 80010009 error.

I think all demos will run, but i would say that the LICDAT file is ignored/deleted in OFW 4.81, so the game won't be unlocked (i'm not sure, im not a PS3 expert haha).

LicDAT is deleted on OFW 4.81 AFAIK.
All I could see is errors every time. @ShadixAced what game did you use to make it work? Maybe a video tutorial or a step-by-step? We would really appreciate the help since @NodexNL is not even responding considering he is the one who shared this method.
If you saw the messages I've sent, I've said that I actually didn't try, and cannot try anymore because today my Backup HDD just died...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back