Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Aug 2, 2017 at 11:17 PM       44      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing the PS3 Data Transfer Utility (DTU) Methods following PS3 PKG Game Transfer to OFW Rumors and the release of CFW2OFW Helper v8 comes a PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method script by PlayStation 3 developer @esc0rtd3w to create bubbles on OFW using the DTU method and a CFW console complete with source code and details below. :thumbup:

Download: PS3 OFW Bubble Maker / GIT

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker For DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w.pngTo quote from esc0rtd3w as outlined in the README.md:

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker Tool For DTU Method

This is another side project of mine that I figured I would release. Now slow down, this is nothing groundbreaking!!! :teary:

This will allow you to create bubbles on OFW using the DTU method and a CFW console.

It lets you drag & drop packages, edit XMB text, and change icon. Everything is automated and it will transfer all created files to the PS3 when finished. If you continue to make bubbles, the IP address is saved so you don't have to re-enter it every time.

Supports multiple bubble creation (not sure the limit!!!) and will automatically increment the output directory number to create new bubbles.

From my testing, it will allow you to install any ORIGINAL package on OFW from a cute little bubble. (-8 The benefit of this at the moment seems meaningless, but I thought it was a neat setup to get bubbles on OFW. Maybe better things will be in the future!!

** THE SCREENSHOTS ARE FROM THE FIRST BUILD AND HAVE SINCE CHANGED A BIT **

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 2.png

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 3.png

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 4.png

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 5.png

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 6.png

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 7.png

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 8.png

PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method by Esc0rtd3w 9.png

Cheers to both RLC for letting us know in the ongoing thread and esc0rtd3w for the follow-up! :beer:

Comments

you do know that one can get the psid from save games right? Without your whole "new method"... but what is the method you are talking about to retrieve idps/cid

you do know that one can get the psid from save games right? Without your whole "new method"... but what is the method you are talking about to retrieve idps/cid

maybe if you actually "read" through the thread you would know that "I ALREADY KNOW THAT" and frankly, you sound like a dickhead!

Oh, you are interested in my "NEW METHOD" for getting IDPS/CID?? well, sorry, cannot disclose that at the moment :ninja:

Hmm... I think that if you actually "mix" your probable private IDPS method and your "DTU-based" bubble creator, you might be on something that EVERYONE could use. IDPS will permit the creation of a "real" license, because it is actually your signature.
You might be on something mate... hope that you may implement it.

@esc0rtd3w, why you do not read emails ?.. Had to register there. I must say in first place that I was testing everything on PS3 with CFW. But I am ready to test the thing on my another PS3 with OFW and Cobra ODE.

With this bubbles we are able to install pkg from the USB - look at the picture:

Bubble_USB.jpg

(if the picture is down -> search for the CB section -> CB 00 00 00 26 00 00 00 26 -> and here paste write the text "../../../../dev_usb000/install.pkg")

About the sections. As you can se on your pictures uploaded on the second page here,
CB - section for install pkg action
CC - info section for the time data
CA - info section for the URL it was downloaded from
69 - bubble's title name section
6A - ICON_FILE section
0A - Game_ID section
D9 - PKG ID section

Also it has an pkg length. I suppose, according to your pictures, the length of the Zen Pinball pkg is 148A9D.

So, applying ../../../../dev_usb000/install.pkg this pkg from usb can be installed. But after this, the bubble is disappearing. How to prevent that? First, I was thinking about the permissions for the /dev_hdd0/vsh/game_pkg/80000000 folder. I did next:
  • in PCLinux compiled and installed curlftpfs package;
  • using terminal, connect to PS3 with FTP-server launched in MultiMan like: curlftpfs ftp://PS3's_IP/ -o root ;
  • cd /dev_hdd0/vsh/game_pkg/80000000
  • chmod 444 *
  • cd ..
  • chmod 111 80000000
Gone to XMB for test - and that's do the trick. However, the system now prevents itself from the doing backup - error 80010029

How else it is possible to prevent bubble from being deleted? Next I was thinking is ps3xport. I recompiled it in cygwin from the source code with next changes:
Spoiler: archive.c
As you can guess from the comments inside the code, the backup created with 80000000 folder injected with that changed ps3xport can not be restored on the PS3 - error 80010029 as well.

So, the permission method is not the way for achieving "Install Package File" from USB on OFW.

Is it impossible to prevent bubble from being deleted?!? The bubble is not deleting itself if there is an error occured while pkg installing. The last hope is to guessing HEX values to get two pkg files installing with one bubble in a row. Here that I got:

InstAny.jpg
  • paste writing after the first 26 in the CB section. That leads to EVERY files.pkg in the /dev_hdd0/vsh/game_pkg/80000000 folder will be installing in a row (no only test1.pkg and test2.pkg - the names in not matter. If it is file.pkg, then installing). However, it IS installing in a row, so it is achievable.
Inst1or2.jpg
  • in this case if there is an "test1.pkg" file inside the 80000000 folder - it will be installed and the bubble is deleting. If the "test1.pkg" file is absent and the "test2.pkg" file is present - the file "test2.pkg" will be installed and the bubble is deleting. And, of course, if there are files with different names or no any files.pkg at all - an "No package found" notification appearing.
I also tried to trick it with unix bash multiple file names method like "test{1..2}.pkg" , "test[12].pkg" , "{test1.pkg,test2.pkg}" - every of these leads to 8001006 error. I'm not sure, but I think it needs that two whole pkg section been added. But I can't obtain how to get that. There is no length for the pkg section operations.

Was anyone seeing the content in PSN which provides the bubble which installs two pkgs in a row? For example, game+patch (not the patched game single pkg).

@Arch91 whoa very interesting finds! that USB loading is an awesome idea! sorry about the not responding. I have been busy lately with lots of stuff and wasn't paying attention

I will look through your post more thoroughly after i wake up later. I definitely want to pursue this further now, after your research.

I have seen PS1 and PSP packages not delete the bubble for some reason during my testing.

I will post my original d0 and d1 files (have to find them!) and will post a few more PSN store d0 and d1 samples from different free stuff, would be nice to try a few *cheap* paid things for testing.

Kudos on all your work man, nice job. I look forward to finding some new exciting things!!! :geek:

@makwan99 sorry for not responding too!

Gotta catch a few zzz's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back