Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his recent PS3 OFW Bubble Maker for DTU Method, PlayStation 3 developer @esc0rtd3w made available a PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool and tutorial to dump your PSID from OFW using Netflix and the Data Transfer Utility (DTU) as detailed below. :geek:

Download: PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool / GIT

Also if you haven't checked it recently be sure to drop by the PSXHAX Shoutbox for today's PS4 MEME in the Message Of The Day (MOTD). :fire:

To quote from esc0rtd3w as contained in the README.md: Dump PSID From OFW Using Netflix and DTU Tutorial

PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool & Guide to Dump PSID via OFW by Esc0rtd3w.png** BONUS: I have a private method that may be able to dump the IDPS on OFW 4.81 **
** This method will NOT be disclosed until further testing has been done **

* I tested using the NPUP00030 version of Netflix. I have updated the scripting to allow region selection since the initial release *

* YOU DO NOT NEED A NETFLIX ACCOUNT OR INTERNET ACCESS FOR THIS TO WORK *

* I SHOULD WARN THAT THE CFW CONSOLE HDD GETS ERASED DURING THIS PROCESS!!! *

Ok, this is yet another side project that I have been wanting to test more, and that day has come!!

I have tested this on OFW 4.81, and it does indeed dump the correct PSID, verified by checking on the CFW console.

This will allow you to dump the PSID from an OFW console. Yes I know, this IS NOT the coveted IDPS, which is the Console ID itself, but this is a unique number per console. I do not know much about what can be done with it alone, but it's "half" of your consoles unique ID.

Here are some screenshots. It requires a CFW console using the DTU method.

Now, the screenshots will give you an idea of what is going on, but basically Netflix generates a PSID.dat file located at "/dev_hdd0/game/NPUP00030/USRDIR/APPDATA".

I am using the DTU method in 2 ways, first, I am using it to push NetFlix onto the OFW console (although this just makes it easier) and then run the app on OFW to generate the PSID.dat.

Next, you do a "reverse DTU" from the OFW to the CFW console (this has many other benefits that I will not get into at the moment).

PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool & Guide to Dump PSID via OFW by Esc0rtd3w 2.png

PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool & Guide to Dump PSID via OFW by Esc0rtd3w 3.png

PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool & Guide to Dump PSID via OFW by Esc0rtd3w 4.png

PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool & Guide to Dump PSID via OFW by Esc0rtd3w 5.png

PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool & Guide to Dump PSID via OFW by Esc0rtd3w 6.png

PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool & Guide to Dump PSID via OFW by Esc0rtd3w 7.png

PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool & Guide to Dump PSID via OFW by Esc0rtd3w 8.png

PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool & Guide to Dump PSID via OFW by Esc0rtd3w 9.png

PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool & Guide to Dump PSID via OFW by Esc0rtd3w 10.png

PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool & Guide to Dump PSID via OFW by Esc0rtd3w 11.png

PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool & Guide to Dump PSID via OFW by Esc0rtd3w 12.png

PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool & Guide to Dump PSID via OFW by Esc0rtd3w 13.png

PS3 OFW PSID Dump Tool & Guide to Dump PSID via OFW by Esc0rtd3w 14.png

Comments

I don't understand it very much.

So I need a CFW PS3 and an OFW PS3 to this to work? Even if on <= 4.75 (this is the version I have read alittle bit up but I don't understand it very much either).

Please, if somebody can explain exhaustively or link me to a post that can explain those things, I'd be very thankful.
Watch this >>>
There are many apps to do it... https://www.psxhax.com/threads/true...ler-v2-20-ps3-update-by-jjkkyu-released.2038/

Thanks for the reply bro. Also one curious question how come there haven't been any type of a Kernel exploit for the PS3

Yes I do understand That the PS3 older firmware have jailbreak
But with a kernel exploit I think it could perhaps be more helpful in the long run ?

Especially still having access to the internet so it would be activated through the website it may be very limited but helpful in a lot of other areas just a ideal / food for thought

i have a tool made by zocoxao it can brute force idps from archive2.dat from ps3 backup but it is too slow to brute force last unknown 6 bytes. if anyone interested tell me i will upload it.

it is uploaded on playstationhax and it is very slow... There is also a tool that bruteforces idps from save data.. .idps is located in game save data but hashed

To quote from ps3dev: IDPS two thread bruteforce using "archive2.dat" from backup utility.

Download: idpsbf.7z (59 KB)

usage : launch "idpsbf.exe" in same folder as "archive2.dat", "keys.conf" and "salt".

"salt" example.
Code:
00 00 00 01 00 87 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
The first 8 bytes should be known based on serial number and ps3devwiki info.

Bruteforcing is only done on last 8 bytes, Every even try on thread 0.

"salt" can be set to any value.

"archive2.dat" should be from formatted ps3's backup.

outputs IDPS to "idps.bin"

put in same folder as PARAM.PFD and PARAM.SFO and customise included salt to fit your region and board model. ill start on the ps3 version asap.

Download: IDPS BF SAVEGAME.7z (47 KB)

here is the ps3 version. same application just only one thread for now, but proof of concept.

Download: UP0001-IDPSBFBAK_00-0000111122223333.pkg (240 KB)

install package and run. screen will be blank during and output to debug console (tmapi)

put keys.conf, salt and archive2.dat on root of /dev_usb000/ (fat32 usb in right most port).

once done it will output idps.bin to /dev_usb000/

Twin thread ps3 install pkg.

Download: UP0001-IDPSBFBAK_00-0000111122223333.pkg (237 KB)

keys.conf no longer needed on dev_usb000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back