Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter modz2014       15      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yap, i tried to install FBAnext but failed 80010007 after run, i played ok before corruped, now tested Ps3 games fine, anyone can help? I used FBAnext R452 , now use Rebug 4.781. Thanks reply

Hello all, Ps3 help! Does anyone have a fix for such a laggy long boot up into xmb? The menu takes forever to pop up. Here's the thing... I was given a hdd that apparently didn't work. I wiped it with killdisk and performed a fast format with mini tool partition to fat32. Turned out well considering the hdd was considered damaged by a friend.

Instead of putting it back into the original console that was originally giving the error message "Your hdd is either corrupted or damaged." I decided to go a different route and place it in a secondary ps3. Formatted and stopped at %99 "Your drive is taking to long and you might have to exit out of the format process."

I proceeded to leave it running. It then after an hour prompted me with install firmware. Took hdd out and put it back into the superslim. Powered on but took a really long time to see the xmb menu. There was must be something I can do here? Rebuild database perhaps or try to re-install the system files?

@Doc Holiday
You basically said it. You mentioned the HDD is damaged.. Formatting doesn't repair physical bad sectors inside hard drives. And slow loading on PS3s is linked to the hard drive 9/10 times i know.

...So yeah, i suggest you trash the damaged one your friend gave you, and buy a decent SSD or 2 for your PS3s. Honestly SSDs are worth it for the reliability & speed. Can get a decent 3D nand 120GB or 128GB SSD drive for less the 30 bucks.

Hey @Sherwindex

I have a program that scans the hdd and finds bad sectors. I stumbled upon it yesterday. I want to see where they physically are so that I can render them useless so that the drive will bypass them. If that doesn't work it's time to buy a new HDD!!

The HDD works perfectly when it's formatted to windows... UGH...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back