Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 11, 2018 at 11:01 AM       251      
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those following, this discussion is moved from the ongoing PS4 6.XX JSC_ConcatMemcpy WebKit Exploit POC thread and based on the Tweets below is not to be confused with M0rph3us1987's 35c3 Speech later this month. :ninja:

While there is no ETA just yet, established PlayStation scene developer @zecoxao announced on Twitter the following from the embedded Tweets below to quote:

"Top Secret method for ps4 6.02 coming soon..." followed by "reminding everyone that this is a method, NOT an exploit. it'll only be good for things like games, nothing else" and also "once it's patched, it'll be over again."

This rumored 6.02 PlayStation 4 method has also been confirmed as working on 6.20 now, and comes following both the Method to Handle PS4 Fake PKGs & SELF / FSELF and PS4 PKG Install from Internal HDD via FTP & BGFT Method by PS4 scene developer @flatz.

PS4 6.02 Top Secret Method for Games Rumored Incoming via Zecoxao.jpg

Comments

Is that confirmed? That means it will only work until the next update which will come out asap after method is revealed. So what can only launch 6.0 + games for a couple days? Then why all the hype seems pointless lol

Damn I was hoping there would be an offline variant so could stay on 6.20 and not update. But I guess that's why it's just a method and not a kexploit :( will just have to wait but hopefully 2019 brings good things for the community.

I would also like to see some better homebrew start being developed too... homebrew on ps4 so far is nowhere near as exciting as ps3 or switch homebrew. The best homebrew scene was the psp Imo. So many options and customizations!

Had such a blast with hacks on that system! Some of my most fond gaming memories ever! Hell I could even turn the neighbours TV off with the infrared on the psp through the window and watch their reactions when they thought it was broken lol. Good times xD

So one must update to latest FW as soon as the "method" is disclosed.
...And when sony patches it it's over.

Question : Is this method "cache-able"? Can we update once and then immediately stay off-line? I really hope so.

Maybe it's better if @zecoxao shares more informaion before releasing this method so that we'll be prepared to quickly take action.

If this method can only be activated once maybe I'll install it on 2 HDD and I'll keep one hdd as a spare.

@depaul firmware is located on a flash chip on the motherboard so having two hdds with different firmware versions will not work as the PS4 is married to a single HDD at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back