Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 27, 2016 at 7:39 PM       162      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just over a week ago we heard rumors of accessing the PS4 Debug Mode Settings on retail PlayStation 4 consoles, and today scene developer CTurt confirmed it's now possible to access the PS4 Dev Menu on 1.76 retail units thanks to Flat_z! :D

Download: Enable Dev Menu / PS4-dlclose.zip / PS4-debugmenu.bin (1.0 MB Compiled) via fx0day / PS4-debugmenu.bin (1.0 MB Compiled) via Di_Scala_ / Tutorial by Chaos Kid / PS4-dlclose GIT

From Stuart Fox via Facebook comes a video demo also.

:arrow: Update: From lezek20 also comes code to enable the more advanced debug menu (dlclose.bin (1.00 MB) compiled by ultradogg), to quote:
Code:
*(char *)0xFFFFFFFF833242FD = 0x81;
Just add it into the kernel payload before this part:
Code:
writeCr0(cr0);
:alert: This could brick your console btw, so be careful!

:arrow: Update #2: From @j0lama with help from @sealab (Demo video: jgoake.mp4 - 43 MB) via Twitter:
Download: Fully-Enable-Debug-Settings.bin (1 MB)
Code:
Fully enable Debug Settings:
*(uint32_t*) 0xFFFFFFFF8269C07Cull=0;
*(uint32_t*) 0xFFFFFFFF8269B56Full=0;
Thanks to B7U3 C50SS and GrimDoe in the Shoutbox for the heads-up! :)
PS4 Dev Menu 1.jpg

PS4 Dev Menu 2.jpg

PS4 Dev Menu 3.jpg

Comments

I guess in terms you can think of it as Microsoft operating systems how one is built off from the other
So for doing so looking back at the ps3 would shed some light towards the PS4. Pure speculation lol
Not realy they are pretty much very similar except the whole amount of power it has. Both are power systems ps3 based on G5 ps4 based on Power8 mipsel instructions, I've shed alot of light on this topic with all the 2 pages with just kernel updates as I have known it was a power system for long time.
Now it's figuring out full instruction set going thro the pdf I posted quite some time ago
I guess in terms you can think of it as Microsoft operating systems how one is built off from the other
So for doing so looking back at the ps3 would shed some light towards the PS4. Pure speculation lol
The only things that are used are the chains think of it like the chain of trust how the whole system ties together but to make the toolchain we use now we need specific things from the kernel be4 enabling backend support

Im glad you dont touch nintendo m8... because thats a bloody mess
and seeing the wii u kernel exploit released just today

wasnt hard to find the cpu processor codenamed 'Espresso'

Im glad you dont touch nintendo m8... because thats a bloody mess
and seeing the wii u kernel exploit released just today

wasnt hard to find the cpu processor codenamed 'Espresso'
oh i know all about that mess in there which is y i refuse to even touch it myself heck the vita is also a bloody mess it was just slapped together the OS system is a bloody joke once you get in

the loading routines are stupid who in there right mind loads like that except some1 who sees it will know its an exploite waiting to happen
also found the src to the 3DS which is also open source gets even more retarded cus you can reverse

the src code with the src from the src tree for ARM9 and then... well... sad days.

Wow that is a much more far in def into it Thank you :)
Details are in eyes of the beholder. If you pay close attention to how corps do things you learn quite fast all there routines and understand them on many levels.

Ps4 has no ps3 support eh? I call b.s due to the base used what is funny how they are all chained together with low base and patches for each one up to the latest but past 3.70 breaks the chain.
Now from another look if your smart you pick a kernel which has support for ps3 and yet has compatability of low compiler and you can build your whole setup without breaking the chain and having to constant upgrade

Thanks for adding My Video to the thread :)
That (Silent Hill P.T.) pkg. I posted the other day is legit :)
But it needs to be Activated
Here is My Newer Video
PS4 DEBUG MENU PT 2 + (Silent Hill P.T.) PKG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back