Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 27, 2016 at 7:39 PM       82,471       162            
Just over a week ago we heard rumors of accessing the PS4 Debug Mode Settings on retail PlayStation 4 consoles, and today scene developer CTurt confirmed it's now possible to access the PS4 Dev Menu on 1.76 retail units thanks to Flat_z! :D

Download: Enable Dev Menu / PS4-dlclose.zip / PS4-debugmenu.bin (1.0 MB Compiled) via fx0day / PS4-debugmenu.bin (1.0 MB Compiled) via Di_Scala_ / Tutorial by Chaos Kid / PS4-dlclose GIT

From Stuart Fox via Facebook comes a video demo also.

:arrow: Update: From lezek20 also comes code to enable the more advanced debug menu (dlclose.bin (1.00 MB) compiled by ultradogg), to quote:
Code:
*(char *)0xFFFFFFFF833242FD = 0x81;
Just add it into the kernel payload before this part:
Code:
writeCr0(cr0);
:alert: This could brick your console btw, so be careful!

:arrow: Update #2: From @j0lama with help from @sealab (Demo video: jgoake.mp4 - 43 MB) via Twitter:
Download: Fully-Enable-Debug-Settings.bin (1 MB)
Code:
Fully enable Debug Settings:
*(uint32_t*) 0xFFFFFFFF8269C07Cull=0;
*(uint32_t*) 0xFFFFFFFF8269B56Full=0;
Thanks to B7U3 C50SS and GrimDoe in the Shoutbox for the heads-up! :)
PS4 Dev Menu 1.jpg

PS4 Dev Menu 2.jpg

PS4 Dev Menu 3.jpg

Comments

B7U3 C50SS

~ Team_Zer0 ~
Contributor
No problem, Boss! ;) that heads up is probably the first of many and this confirms my recent post about @zecoxao who now put his twitter back up online for those that haven't noticed somehow... XD would you like to merge this with the old post or put it as a follow up article?

EDIT: I can see now it's there when you click on "rumors" nevermind.. :rolleyes:

GrimDoe

Game Mod Developer
Developer
Contributor
Verified
Anyone have any save game files? lol
This is some really great news
Can't wait to see what else will unfold
In the time to come :)

B7U3 C50SS

~ Team_Zer0 ~
Contributor
Oh guys if you didn't notice yet, I UPDATED the rumors article! so check it out (again) if you haven't seen it yet. Peace!
  • also
How do you compile the new dl close exploit using cturt ***?
Use Cygwin or a VMWARE Player / Workstation With Ubuntu to compile using the Makefile. but i don' t actually know about i'm jus tgoing off of wht @SorenAlke told me once or twice.

Right, @Chaos Kid? :D

Btw, you're still using the forum right Chaos? i don' t see you anywhere lately.

mcmrc1

Contributor
Verified
yeeeeaaahaaaa cool news ! thx for share thx to all devs for their work...tomorrow i get my ps4 but the 1216 version so firmware is to high i think but niiiiceeee moveee

proskopina

Contributor
great news,but 1 to 10 people are still on 1.76.
or they find a way also for 3.50 or its going to be a downgrade like it was with ps3 fw 2.55

Chaos Kid

Developer
Contributor
Oh guys if you didn't notice yet, I UPDATED the rumors article! so check it out (again) if you haven't seen it yet. Peace!
  • also

Use Cygwin or a VMWARE Player / Workstation With Ubuntu to compile using the Makefile. but i don' t actually know about i'm jus tgoing off of wht @SorenAlke told me once or twice.

Right, @Chaos Kid? :D

Btw, you're still using the forum right Chaos? i don' t see you anywhere lately.
Yea @SorenAlke stated that a few times n shod be 3.0 according to redhat documents.

N Yea I'm around @B7U3 C50SS just bin busy working with stuff so haven't bin on the forums as much as usual

Recent Articles
Latest PlayStation 4 Game Trailer Videos from Gamescom 2019
Earlier this week we saw a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha PS4 trailer video from Gamescom 2019, and below is some more fresh PlayStation 4 video game footage from this year's Gamescom...
Chiaki: Free and Open Source PS4 Remote Play Client by Thestr4ng3r!
Last month we reported on a PS4 Remote Play open source client in development by thestr4ng3r, and today he released Chiaki... the first free and open source PS4 Remote Play client software for...
Sony Patent Surfaces on Rumored PlayStation 5 / PS5 Development Kit Design
Although Sony's next-generation PlayStation 5 console isn't expected until the 2020 holiday season, today Andrew Marmo tweeted about a rumored Sony Interactive Entertainment patent...
CoD: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha Gamescom 2019 PS4 Trailer and Tips
The public Gamescom 2019 event runs from August 21st through the 24th, and during the weekend of August 23rd through the 25th gamers will be able to play the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha...