Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter Al Azif       Start date Jul 11, 2018 at 10:42 PM       91,210       155            
Posting this at ps4miner's request: This is a patched version of official PS4 Media Player 3.50 (VR supported) so it can play music and video on non PSN-activated console.

Will work only on 5.05/5.07 FW because it includes a kexec part with hardcoded offsets (sorry <5.05 guys, my bad).

Running on other than supported FW will make console to reboot.

Also do not forget to turn On MPEG-2 switch at "Debug Setting -> License Activation". Player is checking for it.

It's not the best variant of fixing this app, but it works for now (as a temporary solution).

Basically patch does two things:
  1. It escalates privileges for the mplayer's process, so it can freely access the stuff it wants.
    • *sonyCred = 0xffffffffffffffff; // sceSblACMgrIsSystemUcred
    • *sceProcType = 0x3801000000000013; // sceSblACMgrGetDeviceAccessType
    • I'm not sure if both patches are necessary. Probably second one is enough, too lazy to check.
  2. It patches SceMusicCoreServer process in memory.
    • Function at SceMusicCoreServer+0x3640 will now always <return 0>.
5.07 FW is unchecked but it almost certainly working (at least video should).

Credits: jkpatch and ps4-hen-vtx

It looks like official packages somehow got more privileges than fpkgs so some applications are failing to work properly.
Probably a whitelist (which is coming from PSN on activation) or fpkgs lack of some sort of marker. More research is needed.

I wanted only this particular application to work, now my work is done. I hope you enjoy it :)

Filename: IP9100-CUSA02012_00-PS4MEDIAPLAYER00-A0100-V0350.pkg
MD5: D46A7932ACCD603C416D034440A3A8E8
SHA1: 7B437FEEB2414269A571CD1D28ECC9A6EE85BFC6

Link:

Spoiler

By ps4miner, who previously reported on the application cache used in PS4 Exploit Host for 5.05 HEN Payloads Offline without ESP8266 devices.

PS4 5.05/ MEDIA Player V0350/ (Music, Videos & Pic's Works)
by GrimDoe
PS4 Media Player 3.50 (VR) Patched for 5.05  5.07 by PS4Miner.jpg

Comments

mschumacher69

Contributor
Works like a charm! But I still prefer the controls on the PS3 where you could accurately fast-forward/reverse with the d-pad and you could do it frame by frame if you pause.

Baku86

Contributor
I wonder, if it's possible to make save copy to usb on non PSN activated console with similar memory patches? i know there are ways to make working backups, but still simple usb copy would be great.

Recent Articles
Sony PS4 / PS3 Blu-ray Disc Drive Internals & Security by Oct0xor at 36c3
Last year they covered Exploiting PS4 Video Apps, and at the 36th annual Chaos Communication Congress (36c3) from December 27th to the 30th 2019 in Leipzig Germany scene developer @Octopus (aka...
Sony PS4 Remote Play: Now on More Devices Latest Promo Video
Proceeding the PSPlay Free Trial of the unofficial Android app and yesterday's Google Stadia release that includes 22 Stadia Launch Titles, today Sony unleashed their latest PS4 Remote Play - Now...
Baikal Support Added to PlayStation 4 Linux Loader by Valeery
Since the PSXITArch Linux v2 Guide, Spine PS4 Emulator for Linux Demo, CECPS4 Linux Scripts and PS4 Gentoo Linux development updates support for the Baikal chip was recently added to the...
PS5 DualShock 5 (DS5) Controller Images Surface in Japanese Patent
Following Sony's New Controller Patent, PS5 Devkit Prototype Leak and recent PS5 Transition Update in preparation for the PlayStation 5 2020 Launch today some PS5 DualShock 5 (DS5) Controller...