Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 18, 2018 at 12:38 AM       16,893       47            
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding his Sega Game Gear / Master System PS4 Demos and PS4NES / PS4GearSystem PKG File releases, PlayStation 4 developer m0rph3us1987 made available a full speed Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) Emulator port based on LaiNES for PS4 5.05 jailbroken consoles! :love:

Download: EP0001-PNES00001_00-RELEASE000000001-A0100-V0100_V505.pkg (8.3 MB) / PS4NES Nintendo Emulator for 5.05 Firmware v1.01 Update

To quote from the related Tweets embedded below on the PS4 NES Emulator release: "PAL Roms work fine, NTSC roms are a little slower because of the different clockrate of the NTSC NES. Have fun ;)

Create a folder called roms on the root of your fat32/exfat formatted USB drive, and put the roms inside. Then attach the drive to the right USB port of the PS4.

I forgot to mention that it's only for fw version 5.05."

NES for PS4 (PS4 Jailbreak) by MasterTurkey
Kung FU play through on PS4 via jwooh
Cheers to @PuffinMan for the heads-up earlier today on this NES Emulator PS4 5.05 news and @wa7ly (Twitter) for the video clip of it in action above! :beer:
PS4 Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) Emulator by M0rph3us1987.jpg

Comments

Status

jwooh

Staff Member
VIP Member
Developer
Contributor
Verified
@NieR49 If I remember right the one m0rph3us1978 made for 4.05 or 4.55 only showed like 7 or 8 games no matter how many you had on the drive.

Seedlord

Contributor
Verified
@lee48uk
Super Mario World is only for snes (super nintendo entertainment system) and not the normal nes (nintendo entertainment system).
snes roms have file extension .smc and nes roms have .nes

Status
Recent Articles
GOG Galaxy 2.0 AIO Video Game Launcher Open Beta Arrives
Along the lines of popular emulator frontends such as LaunchBox, recently the GOG Galaxy 2.0 (aka Good Old Games) all-in-one video game launcher Open Beta went live on GOG.com bringing features...
Sony PlayStation 4 & PS VR Last-Minute Holiday Deals at PSDirect.com
Following the launch of their online store, today Sony shared some last-minute holiday deals for PlayStation fans featuring savings on PS4, PS VR, select titles and more at their PSDirect.com...
Microsoft Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020, Power Your Dreams!
Formerly known under the codename Project Scarlett, today Microsoft officially announced their Xbox Series X next-generation console at The Game Awards scheduled to launch alongside Sony's...
Godfall PS5 Reveal Trailer, Bring on the Next-Gen PlayStation 5 Scene!
Like many when first seeing this, I did a double take to make sure my eyes were really seeing a PS5 game trailer... lo and behold it actually is a PlayStation 5 game trailer for the upcoming...