Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 2, 2018 at 3:57 PM       12,120       28            
Based on LaiNES for PS4 5.05 jailbroken consoles, today m0rph3us1987 updated his PS4NES Nintendo Entertainment System emulator port to version 1.01 with the changes outlined below. (y)

Download: EP0001-PNES00001_00-RELEASE000000001-A0100-V0101_V505.pkg (6.6 MB)

This comes following his initial release and previous revision of the PS4 NES Emulator for PlayStation 4.

And from the included Readme.txt in EP0001-PNES00001_00-RELEASE000000001-A0100-V0101_V505.rar, to quote: Whats new in version 1.01?

1) Rom list can now be scrolled using d-pad.
2) NES select buttons has been mapped to ps4 touchpad button.
3) Rom folder can be configured in /mnt/usb0/ps4nes/config.json
4) Minimal improvement in audio output.

How to use?

1) Copy the ps4nes folder on the root of your usb drive.
2) Change "roms_path" in config.json to the location where your roms are.
3) Install pkg on ps4 and have fun ;)

Kung FU play through on PS4 via jwooh
PS4NES Nintendo Emulator for 5.05 Firmware Updated by M0rph3us1987.jpg

Comments

jaboo6

Contributor
Probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. Is the one linked here just an update only (i.e. do I need the base file before installing) or can it install and work just as it is?

tehrzky

Contributor
@FrogDR lol. this is the most important part of the scene making homebrew and other stuff than having to play all those 5.03> games which you can play on updated fw..

Recent Articles
GOG Galaxy 2.0 AIO Video Game Launcher Open Beta Arrives
Along the lines of popular emulator frontends such as LaunchBox, recently the GOG Galaxy 2.0 (aka Good Old Games) all-in-one video game launcher Open Beta went live on GOG.com bringing features...
Sony PlayStation 4 & PS VR Last-Minute Holiday Deals at PSDirect.com
Following the launch of their online store, today Sony shared some last-minute holiday deals for PlayStation fans featuring savings on PS4, PS VR, select titles and more at their PSDirect.com...
Microsoft Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020, Power Your Dreams!
Formerly known under the codename Project Scarlett, today Microsoft officially announced their Xbox Series X next-generation console at The Game Awards scheduled to launch alongside Sony's...
Godfall PS5 Reveal Trailer, Bring on the Next-Gen PlayStation 5 Scene!
Like many when first seeing this, I did a double take to make sure my eyes were really seeing a PS5 game trailer... lo and behold it actually is a PlayStation 5 game trailer for the upcoming...