Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter mariayo2       7      
Status
Not open for further replies.

mariayo2

Contributor
Hi.

I read in JaiCraB blog that has connected the reader to the pc. It is true??

Here is a rough translation of it from Google for those interested: PS4 / Article / LectorPS4

titulo.jpg

A little over a year ago, connect the reader of the PS4 to the PC, leaving there the Research and focusing on another point at that moment more important.

The connection between the reader and the motherboard is simple ... a SATA port. Just follow the tracks of the connector towards the board to differentiate Clearly which is the right way ...

To say that the security imposed by Sony at first glance does not seem a Obstaculo, comparing it with Ps3.

Making a little memory I remember that on the PS3 it was necessary that the plate Mother initializes the reader first. Once initialized, all that was needed was Connect it to the PC and turn the games over. Hence came hardware mods that emulated the reader.

In PS4 I do not think it's a problem to make a hardware mod, emulate a Reader and load ISOs.

In this case the reader acts independently. At least the first stage Reader recognition it is not necessary to initialize the board. But my surprise is that the contents of the games shows them. But wait ... I have the reader off the console! ...

Up to here safety with the naked eye. I do not know if he will do later Checks when playing or playing. I lack research on safety applied afterwards. Also if it is ethical or not about my principles in backups ...

I leave a few captures of what you will find once the reader is connected to the PC. I used a converter circuit from SATA III to USB for convenience (longer cable).

propiedades.jpg

Capture under windows of properties ...
winhex.jpg

I was surprised at the transfer speed !! Just think of the cables that I used and the welds made .... as I show in the following Photo:
ps4.jpg

Eing ?? I was wrong on the side!

Some other JaiCraB posts are linked HERE, PS4 Serial / Flash Pinouts and another ongoing thread is HERE for PS4 optical drives.

:arrow: Also of note via furan: In the unlikely case you are recycling Sony's PCI blu-ray emulator board 1-877-744-11 (Stratix 1 25K LE and some DDR SDRAM) from scratch for PCI experiments, here's the JTAG:
Code:
1 VCREF
2 NC
3 TDI
4 TDO
5 TMS
6 TCK
7 NC
8 GND

if you really need to dump the files from the ps4 optical drive you can use this payload on a 5.05 ps4

https://github.com/stooged/DiscDump-50X/releases

its not super fast but it will dump the files to a folder named Disc_Dump on a usb drive.

just insert the disc into the drive and then run the payload.

if you use a new game disc if it asks you about updating just select cancel and then run the payload.

@stooged thanks was looking for something like this for newer game discs

keeps saying not enough free system memory when I try to send payload every time I send it using netcat and online binloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back