Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 30, 2016 at 2:45 AM       18      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following EPEEN's scene release, Installing PKG's and the PS4 Backup DevKit PoC, today PlayStation 4 developer @zecoxao announced on Twitter that the interactive teaser for the game Silent Hills called P.T. (Playable Teaser) has been decrypted and the game backup is playable on a PS4 Testkit console! :love:

Credit also goes to AnB69947709 for providing the dumps and files and to PixelButts for testing the game backup on his PlayStation 4 development unit, with a torrent below for PS4 developers interested in sorting out how to load it on a retail console. <3

Spoiler

Here's a little background about the game from Wikipedia, to quote:

"P.T. (short for "playable teaser"), is a first-person psychological survival horror video game developed by Kojima Productions, under the pseudonym "7780s Studio", and published by Konami. The game was directed and designed by Hideo Kojima, in collaboration with film director Guillermo Del Toro.

Released for the PlayStation 4 on 12 August 2014 as a free download on the PlayStation Network, P.T. served primarily as an interactive teaser for the game Silent Hills, a cancelled installment in the Silent Hill series. After the cancellation, Konami removed P.T. from the PlayStation Store and eliminated re-installing the game, a decision that later spawned criticism and fan efforts to allow P.T. to be re-downloaded.

P.T. received critical acclaim for its direction, visuals, story complexity, and supernatural tension, but was both criticized and acclaimed for the puzzles and solutions."

Proto Fgt states this was just a test (no RIF File was found yet but it may contain one with act.dat and IDPS binding per notzecoxao) and more will come... until then check out the PS4 Testkit Running Decrypted PT demo video below!

Code:
C:\PT\appmeta\ext_info.dat
C:\PT\appmeta\nptitle.dat
C:\PT\appmeta\param.sfo
C:\PT\decrypted\eboot.bin
C:\PT\decrypted\libc.prx
C:\PT\decrypted\libSceFios2.prx
C:\PT\decrypted\right.sprx
C:\PT\pfs\pfs_image.dat

1.27 GB (1,372,150,052 bytes)
Thanks to AnB69947709, @zecoxao, @PixelButts for testing, @LightningMods for mirrors and to both @raedoob (for mirrors also) and @Figure03 for the news in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! (y)
PS4 PT Decrypted, PlayStation 4 Testkit Running PT Game Backup.jpg

Comments

Keep in mind the PS3 backup scene started with PlayStation 3 Dev units running them also, and before we knew it there was a way to change Retail consoles into Dev units (CEX to DEX) and vice-versa... THIS is how Rebug CFW got it's start. ;)

Granted, then the retail PS3 got jailbroken and it simply became easier to run backup games that way... but sooner or later a talented PS4 Dev will figure out how to get the PT backup running on a retail console. If man can make it, man can break it! :D

I was played P.T. it's really scary amazing, behind has me!

PSN Store P.T. Game is deleted by konami is terrible crappy.

Let's revive the P.T. won't back, it's dead.

Can you send me the .rif. I'm working on ps3, psp, vita .rif but I don't have a 1.76 so I can't access any PS4 .rif...

Thank you very much !

does anyone know why these PKGs are ran via APPHOME when on PS3 they were just installed?

also again its only for 1.76 so even if they make it to work on CEX only few people will use it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back