Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter xiiflowx       11      
Status
Not open for further replies.

xiiflowx

Contributor
I know people say to stay on lower Firmwares but if I wait like a week to see if some devs say if their exploit is patched and if not then update isn't that enough I mean my PS4 pro is still on 3.70 for some non-existent exploit that was seemingly patched in the next version...

If they don't release their exploit after it gets patched there is a high chance they won't release it like in forever no? Just my opinion.

If it's your only PS4 and you want to use it for gaming, movies, etc like most people then updating makes more sense than holding off for an undetermined exploit or jailbreak to arrive.

If you have more than one PS4 that's a different scenario where I'd say to keep one as low as possible, or if you're like me and don't have time to game (my launch PS4 is sitting in my closet unopened) then waiting to update Firmware is not an issue at all... it all comes down to your own lifestyle really. :cool:

I know people say to stay on lower Firmwares but if I wait like a week to see if some devs say if their exploit is patched and if not then update isn't that enough I mean my PS4 pro is still on 3.70 for some non-existent exploit that was seemingly patched in the next version...

If they don't release their exploit after it gets patched there is a high chance they won't release it like in forever no? Just my opinion.
You waited a week that's nothing, I waited nearly 4 months but I just updated there no point waiting, just buy a new ps4 when an exploit comes out

You waited a week that's nothing, I waited nearly 4 months but I just updated there no point waiting, just buy a new ps4 when an exploit comes out
I have waited more than a week but I meant as a new policy for myself that I would wait a week after every firmware release before updating so that dev could check if their exploit wasn't patched. I bought my ps4 pro on launch fyi

find your own Kex is much faster as this waiting game ...even for 4.72 ;)
If I only knew how.....

You should go up to 4.55 in order to get the boost for the PS4 Pro on normal games and then stick to it. Before that your PSPro is just like a normal PS4 and that isn't a good thing after having spend so much on it. But don't go beyond 4.55

You should go up to 4.55 in order to get the boost for the PS4 Pro on normal games and then stick to it. Before that your PSPro is just like a normal PS4 and that isn't a good thing after having spend so much on it. But don't go beyond 4.55
IS there a list with games that won't need to be update to an higher firmware than 4.55? I don't necessarily need multiplayer games so that won't be a problem. I like games that have a beautiful story like Uncharted and The Last of Us, can you recommend games like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back