Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 18, 2018 at 4:44 AM       77      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last month we saw PS4 OFW 5.03, and today following recent news of their upcoming PS4 5.50 Beta firmware @MrNiato of PSX Times let everyone know on Twitter that Sony has rolled out a mandatory PlayStation 4 System Software 5.05 which... (as if you haven't guessed already)... improves system performance! :ROFLMAO:

We'll update this article when confirmation comes on whether it patches the private 5.03 Kernel Exploit or if someone just wanted a free t-shirt. o_O Until then, needless to say DON'T UPDATE or you'll lose the ability to exploit, jailbreak and brag on Twitter about running free PlayStation 4 games, emulators and homebrew to boost e-peen. :whistle:

Download: PS4 Firmware 5.05 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 5.05 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 5.05 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 5.05 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 5.05 Update (JP)

To quote from Sony's Official Page on the 5.05 OFW changes:

About PlayStation 4 system software version 5.05

Main features in version 5.05 update

• This system software update improves system performance.
PS4 System Software  Firmware 5.05 Update Live, Most Stable Yet!.jpg

Comments

The more you update the less chances you'll have. I'm also on 5.03. Sony quickly released 5.05 thereafter, it could be because they realized 5.03 was bogus/exploitable or because of something else.. I'll stick with 5.03 right now and see where it leads. Fingers crossed.

I made mistake, i was on 4.0 very long time, playing mostly older games, but then decided that i want to purchase san andreas from ps store... Of course, i have to update firm to 5.0.

Literaly 2 days later, booom - 4.05 jailbreak appears, i was feel like a ...... , want to hurt myself, sell my console and games. Luckly, i was able to find another brand new console with low firmware.

Point is, dont update, if multiplayer is not must have, stick to what u have, there is plenty of games to play, and jailbreak will eventualy surface

@cassiotaka,

No, You will have to stay with 4.55 if you want to have a jailbreak. If you update it to 5.05 then you lose the jailbreak. The group have 5.00-5.05 fully exploitable in private so you will have to wait. If you dont care then go ahead and update it to play GOW instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back