Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 4, 2019 at 6:30 AM       32      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight out of the WTF department, following their PS4 6.70 Firmware release just a few days ago today Sony pushed yet another PS4 System Software / Firmware 6.71 update with the changelog simply stating "This system software update improves system performance" again. :ROFLMAO:

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS4 game backups and homebrew apps when a new jailbreak exploit arrives, and we'll add any related Tweets below as PlayStation 4 scene developers have a chance to examine it.

Download: PS4 Firmware 6.71 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 6.71 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 6.71 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 6.71 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 6.71 Update (JP)

Changelog:

About PlayStation 4 system software version 6.71

Main features in version 6.71 update

• This system software update improves system performance.
:arrow: Here are some guides for those new on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.

From Pastebin.com:
Code:
6.71 PS4 !
Twitter : https://twitter.com/ImMrNiato

release: 0x06710001
build: cex
security-repository-path: release_branches/release_06.710
security-revision: 10002
sys-repository-path: release_branches/release_06.710
sys-revision: 125276
***-internal-build-number: 111323
middleware-repository-path: release_branches/release_06.710
middleware-revision: 21971
middleware-build-number: 71548
vsh-repository-path: release_branches/release_06.710
vsh-revision: 181684
vsh-build-number: 1135981
From ChendoChap via PS4 Kernel Build Strings:
Code:
| CEX || 6.71 || r125276/release_branches/release_06.710 May 31 2019 19:39:22 || dumped
PS4 System Software  Firmware 6.71 Released, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

I just started cracking PSN accounts instead by this point lol. I have 2 ps4's 1 still on 5.05

so I only need to find games from May 2018 - June 2019 in PSN accounts. and hell I've already found Red Dead 2 and Spider-Man. Plus theres no kernel panics or anything this way and if you find a deactivated account you can set your own ps4 as primary to play it offline on any other account on your PS4.

This is the way forward now... at least for me or until a future exploit comes along. only problem is it's a lot more work to get the games and it's kind of a lucky dip situation but hey it works and once you got um you got um forever :p I have a feeling sony may patch the activate as primary console function though in the PS5

@lucasnooker
Everyone is not into just playing backups
There's a lot more to it then playing and beating a game throwing it to the side to be forgot about.
And Save Wizard is limited on what it can do.

@GrimDoe
Hey don't get me wrong. I love homebrew too. Some of my best gaming memories stem from the PSP and it's homebrew scene. It was awesome! Creating ps1 Bootable images in psp format, custom themes and dashboards, creating your own boot screens, hell I could even control TVS with the infra Red of the PSP 1000 series. Great times XD but let's face it the homebrew on ps4 pretty much sucks.

In fact it may be the worst homebrew of any compromised console so far... so the only use it has for me right now are the backups because the rest is not interesting. I don't care about playing flappy bird on my ps4 lol

@lucasnooker
That's Cool and that's you man
But I was referring towards developing mods in creating trainers and going beyond little cheats like Health credit and so on.

We may all still be on a lower exploit but they're still a tons of games that needs its life to be expanded on

With the help of mods cheats and so on... And also who knows what will tomorrow will bring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back