Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 4, 2016 at 12:36 AM       161      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his PlayStation 4 Trophy (PS4 .TRP File) Extractor and PS3 LV1.ELF Embedded Files Extractor, PlayStation 4 developer Red-EyeX32 (Twitter) released a PS4 Update Bypasser application called PSProxy to bypass PSN Firmware Updates for PlayStation 4 owners... with a PS3 version coming next! :D

Download: PSProxy.rar (US) (38 KB) / PSProxy.rar (US) (Mirror) / PSProxy.rar (EU) (38 KB) / PSProxy.rar (EU) UPDATE (38 KB) by @CnCore / ps4-updatelist.xml / PS4.rar (EU/UK/US Bypass)

To quote: Hello NextGenUpdate, As I promised, I have made a Playstation 4 update bypasser. This little utility will allow you to bypass the 3.55 update making your system stay on a lower firmware.

PSProxy.pngCurrently this has only been tested on a US console on a 3.50 firmware. To make this work for EU users all you have to do is edit the ps4-updatelist.xml included inside the .rar file from "us" to "eu". Also don't mind the PSP/PS3 Mode as those haven't been tested yet.

Instructions:
  • Press start on the utility.
  • Add IP and Port to the PS4.
  • Sign-In to PSN
  • Profit?
Please let me know any bugs you encounter, I would gladly fix the problem for you. :mad:

Changes in v2.0.0.0 update:
  • Added "Copy" to Log List by right clicking the list.
  • You can now export the log by right clicking.
  • Few bug fixes. (Adding PS3 support next update)
Any donations would be appreciated!

Credits:
  • Dacoco (Testing and video)
Similar to SKFU's Pr0xy³ below is a video demonstrating the PS4 Update Bypasser application courtesy of Dacoco, and a special shout-out to @GrimDoe in the Shoutbox for the news tip! :)

PS4 Update Bypasser.jpg

Comments

Great share.

Will appreciate your help for the following:

1.) What are the prerequisites for running the utility for example Linux to be installed etc.

2.) A step-by-step guide for the new comers on how to prepare and run the utility on PS4 using USB or any other media.

As I bought my console from Malaysia, can you please confirm if I need to select the South Asia Region in the utility.

I would be happy to test and report back the same if it works on 3.11 FW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back