Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter sonik       Start date Oct 26, 2018 at 9:38 PM       136      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS4 Remote Package Installer and RPI_GUI release I've made a GUI for Windows. It's portable and only needs the .Net Framework (4.5.2) followed by PS4RPI_02.rar, PS4RPI_03.rar, serve-win32.zip updates, PS4RPI_04.rar and more revisions below.

For the http server it uses miniweb.exe. It's included in the download. Please try it.

Download link: PS4RPIGUI: PS4 Remote Package Installer GUI (Latest Version) / ps4rpi_01.rar (319.6 KB) / ps4rpi_01.rar (Mirror) / PS4RPI_02.rar (224.2 KB) / PS4RPI_02.rar (Mirror) / PS4RPI_03.rar (273.2 KB) / ps4rpi_03.rar (Mirror) / serve-win.rar (7.2 MB) / serve-win.rar (Mirror) / serve-win32.zip (8.1 MB - Windows 32-bit Compiled) / serve-win32.zip (Mirror) / PS4RPI_04.rar (274 KB) / PS4RPI-v2.0-pre1.zip / GIT

I will add more features later and also implement some error catching.

PS4 Remote Package Installer Tutorial (5.05 Jailbreak)
PS4RPI PS4 Remote Package Installer GUI by Sonik.png

Comments

i got the same issue, now all thigs go well, you have to put serve-win and your PKG inside PS4RPI_02 folder

@sonik
When opening the tool it asks you the folder location of pkg, i still need to put that in the batch file?

I edited the batch file and it's content is
Code:
serve-win.exe -n -l 8888 "C:\TEMP\"
still no luck. im having the same error in gui, InternalServerError
Code:
{ "status": "fail", "error": "Unable to set up prerequisites for package 'http:\/\/192.168.56.1:8080\/1-JP9000-CUSA13986_00-TLOUPIIOUTBREAK1-A0000-V0100.pkg'." }

@vservis @rustomen try removing the " "
serve-win.exe -n -l 8080 C:\TEMP\
(make sure there is no spaces in the folder names)

C:\TEMP\ is the folder where your pkg file is.

As I mentioned before, try and download the pkg file in your browser first to test if the server is working correctly.

e.g http://192.168.0.5:8080/PurePool.pkg into the browser and it should try and download the .pkg file if it is being served correctly. (use your own ip and pkg name)

If you cannot download the pkg file from the browser, the PS4 will also not be able to download the pkg, hence the problem.

do not edit anything, unrar serve-win and PS4RPI_02 in one folder, don't forget to move your 1-JP9000-CUSA13986_00-TLOUPIIOUTBREAK1-A0000-V0100.pkg inside that folder, run serv-win.exe then PS4RPI.EXE and insert your host adress and port shown on serv-win.exe , OK then send your PKG

put all files including serve-win to folder with PKGs.!!!
delete "c:\TEMP" in bat and set 8080 port
working 100%

beware that there is no point between the name pkg
"xxx xxx xxx.pkg" not good
"xxx.xxx.xxx.pkg" good

right now im testing 5 files.
3 are downloading and 2 are in queued.
will inform about progress

it was quick!!!
so queued files are not installing after 3 installed files
even after "resume"

regards!!!

It took a while but I have just finished another Remote PKG Install speed test Vs the regular USB Drive install.
This time on a large 37.2GB pkg file.
Here are the results in order.
  • 1Gbps Lan: 7min 55sec (Wired 1Gbps link speed network)
  • USB3 Drive: 8min 11sec (320GB 5400rpm SATA II HDD in a USB3 enclosure)
  • USB2 Drive: 19min 15sec (320GB 5400rpm SATA II HDD in a USB2 enclosure)
  • 5GHz WiFi: 31min 36sec (Hi Speed WiFi connection using the 5GHz band)
  • 2.4GHz WiFi: 62min 40sec (Regular WiFi connection using the 2.4GHz band)
For the regular USB install tests I used the same physical HDD but in 2 different enclosures.

Just like my previous test on a small pkg file there is not much time difference between installing the pkg the usual way using a USB3 Drive Vs the Remote Install over Lan.

What is surprising is how slow a remote install is when using a regular Wifi Connection.

I think that if you have a fast enough wired Lan connection that Remote install is definitely the new way to go, considering that you no longer need to copy the pkg to a USB drive first.
But if you only have a regular WiFi connection then it is better to stick with the USB install method.

It would be interesting if some other people could post their results for comparisson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back