Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge on Discord to access private areas with the latest PS4 FPKGs.
PS3 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter Self       7,819       18      

Self

Contributor
Self's Reflow/ Reball Guide.

The rework machine I use isn't anything super fancy and neither is the pre heating plate. Couple hundred bucks will do you just fine to get started. Materials will cost a bit too. Most of the stuff listed came from eBay.

The tools & materials I use.

Spoiler

Pictures of the tools and materials I will be using.

Spoiler

So here's where the tutorial begins.

Spoiler

I know this was a long tutorial, but I like my tutorials to contain as much detail as possible to try and slim down on
questions being asked.
If anyone does have any questions, feel free to ask. :beer::beer::bananaman14:

Self

Contributor
Not a problem! Now that I am on layoff til the middle of March for work I am hopefully going to get some dead consoles and get a video recorded. Can't do concrete work with a foot of snow on the ground and it being right around 0 degrees. Lol. Gonna enjoy the time off and hopefully have time to post some new content to my YT channel. Working 5 AM to 5 PM doesn't leave much time to get anything done unfortunately.

Donely

Console Games Service
Contributor
Verified
A good tutorial. I personally do not recommend reball or reflow done with a hot air blower station. I recommend infrared station or special hot air reball station.

Self

Contributor
Haven't been active in quite a while due to life issues and whatnot, but that is a damn awesome video! Thanks for sharing it! Lol. I'm glad to see someone else who has some knowledge on this kind of stuff. :)

I do agree that IR is muchhhh more preferred over a blower system. They work a hell of a lot better and are a lot more precise. I bought this station when I was learning and it's served it's purpose over the years.

Think I got this sucker in like late 2011 early 2012 and the solder station is by far the best I have ever used. I don't do many console repairs anymore as I am just too busy with work and everything else so I never did get around to making a video.

Self

Contributor
Most of the time if done properly using the proper tools, etc. It can last years. Others can last days, weeks, months, or just hours. It really all depends. I did my launch model A01 back in 2013 and it still works just fine. But I have had a few just last a few days and then die again.