Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 9, 2017 at 11:02 PM       22,444       26            
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his PS4 NamedObj Kernel Exploit Strategy Overview PlayStation 4 developer SpecterDev shared a progress update on the PS4 v4.05 kernel exploit today with a release expected to arrive in coming weeks. :D

This comes following the recent PS4 4.01 / 4.05 Code Execution proof-of-concept and of course the Adieu: PS4 Kernel Exploit for Firmware 4.05 documentation by the Fail0verflow Team.

Here's an excerpt from @SpecterDev via Wololo's recent interview, to quote:

Wololo: Speaking of your implementation, do you still plan on releasing it? If so, do you have a rough estimate of how far you are? What are the issues you’re dealing with when it comes to this implementation?

SpecterDev: Yes I do, I’m at that point of leaking a good object to ensure the exploit is stable. I do have a good object leaking as well as a trigger for code execution, it’s just a matter of how practical it is to implement into the exploit, which I am currently testing now. After I know the object can be used effectively in the exploit, things get much easier. I hope to get a release out soon (within the next week or so) – I’ve just been busy with real life stuff so with the exception of weekends, I don’t have a lot of time to work on the exploit during the week.

I’ll also be publishing a write-up for the kernel exploit when it is ready, in it I’ll break down how the exploit works step by step. My hope is it will not only be a nice read for security researchers interested in the PS4, but will also give those in the community without a background in infosec a bit more information on how big releases involving kernel exploits work behind the scenes. Maybe it will inspire some to look into software security where they otherwise would not have :veryhappy:

Here's looking forward to his PlayStation 4 v4.05 Kernel Exploit release in the next week or so alongside the related documentation for other PS4 developers to examine and put to good use for the scene! :fire:
Thanks to both @hyndrid and @Plankton for the heads-up on this PS4 v4.05 OFW progress update in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! (y)
SpecterDev on PlayStation 4 v4.05 Kernel Exploit Progress Updates.jpg

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

Comments

Status

spyro2670

Contributor
so if k exploit is released can we activate debug mode and install pkg like flatz ?

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
Last I heard I think he was temporarily at a standstill or busy, possibly due to work or the holidays etc... here's to hoping we'll hear more soon. :love:

Update: Here's a few more brief updates from Specter on Discord chat:

image1.png

image2.png

Status
Recent Articles
PS4 System Software / Firmware 7.51 is Now Live, Don't Update!
Proceeding their 7.50 PS4 OFW today Sony pushed live yet another PS4 System Software / Firmware 7.51 stability update... making the PlayStation 4 the most stable video game console to date...
PlayStation Store Double Discounts PSN Promotion Begins Today
Starting today through June 10th, PlayStation Plus members can save more during Sony's latest PlayStation Store Double Discounts promotional PSN sale on PS4 titles including Assassin's Creed...
Friday The 13th: The Game PS4 5.05 RTM Trainer by GrimDoe
Happy Late Memorial Day ! The maniac behind the mask is back, to seek his revengeance onto all those that gets in his way, on his massacre killing spree. 😱 On my previous release back in October...
Minecraft Dungeons Battles Onto New PS4 Game Releases Next Week
Inspired by classic dungeon crawlers, get ready to begin a new quest in the action adventure game Minecraft Dungeons, set in the unmistakable blocky Minecraft universe next week on PlayStation 4...