Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 24, 2023 at 5:10 PM       8      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding his Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) Game Modder v1.0 & DBFZ PS4 Mods and Saturn2PS5 v1.0 to Play Saturn Games on PS5, on this Christmas Eve 2023 homebrew developer @Markus95 (aka @Kus00095) shared via Twitter a Textures Converter UE4 v1.0 conversion script to convert game textures from PC to PS4 for modders to utilize in their mods. 🎄🎁

Download: Textures_Converter_v1.0.rar (9.01 MB - includes Textures Converter v1.0.bat) / Markus00095's PayPal Page <3

Here's further details from Logic-Sunrise.com, roughly translated to quote: [PS4] Textures Converter UE4 v1.0: PC to PS4

I am starting holidays, here is a first tool that I am sharing with you for Christmas, originally I was not supposed to share it (it was a personal tool) but after several requests, here is a version that can be used by everyone...

Some time ago I published a MOD creator for Unreal Engine 4 games, but as specified in the corresponding news, you first had to convert your PC textures to PS4 format, this is where this new script comes in.

Indeed, thanks to this little tool, you can now convert textures from Unreal Engine 4 PC games to PS4 and thus use them in UE4 mod builder v1.0.

This tool is not compatible with ALL Unreal Engine 4 games but works for a large number of them, such as Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Sifu or even Stray.

The operation is not complicated but you will however need other tools for its proper functioning, Umodel.exe, Uviewer.exe and upak-master.

In addition, you will need to have certain PS4 *** files to place in the tools/convert/... folder that I unfortunately cannot share with you, which are:
  • libSceGnm.dll
  • libSceGpuAddress.dll
  • libSceTextureTool.dll
  • orbis-image2gnf.exe
So you will have to decrypt the PC mod with Umodel.exe, extract the textures in .png or .dds format, then use my script to convert them to PS4 format, then repack everything into .pak with upak-master.

I will make a video tutorial soon explaining all the manipulation of the PC Mod to PS4.

Tutorial:
  • Decrypt your PC mod with Umodel.exe
  • Extract PC textures with Umodel.exe (Export folder content)
  • Save PC textures with Umodel.exe (Save folder packages)
  • Copy my tool (tools/ and .bat folder) into UmodelExport
  • Launch the .bat and wait
  • Copy/paste the newly converted textures into the Save folder packages
  • Rebuild the .pak with upak-master
  • Your PS4 mod is ready.
Spoiler: Related Tweets
Textures Converter UE4 v1.0 Convert from PC to PS4 by Markus95.jpg

Comments

There isn't a complete list available yet, but the author mentions UE4 games including Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Sifu and Stray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back