Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter smoere       57      
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my case I went from 3.55 to 4.05 so games should still work. It was just when I upgrade the HDD that the purchases came back locked.

Make sure you create working packages of all the games you have purchased from psn before you upgrade your ps4 hdd as you won't be able to use them if you change your hdd because you have to sign in to psn to verify the license

even after ps4 back up and restore and even if you put your old hdd back in it will still need to verify your licenses with s0ny

Is there a way to login to PSN without updating past 4.05?

Also is it true that the PSN games do not have a fw requirement like some of the games?

Is there a way to login to PSN without updating past 4.05?
Currently there is no way to do that. Even if it is possible, you might get banned.

Also is it true that the PSN games do not have a fw requirement like some of the games?
I don't think that is true. Every game has been signed for a specific firmware and you simply cannot run those games unless you are on a greater or equal firmware. Also, if there is any breakthrough, it will be available on the frontpage.

Since it is not there, it means we can't do any of it yet. A lot of answers to questions that I have seen in the forums are either it is not possible yet, or the answer is something easy that can easily be found out by doing a little research.

Just wondering is there away to have dual firmware in the internal hdd via partition ? So can install 1 for 4.05pkg. Another to the latest firmware for online stuff. If that's possible. It would be nice.

Currently no. You are all thinking way too much ahead. Give it some time and when new things are possible it will be publicly known and mainpaged.

I think when you upgrade to a new and empty hdd, you will need the recovery pup. Else for a normal update the update pup.

However it might be also possible to image the old hdd to the new hdd, like on the ps3. Then the new hdd won't need anything to run, but will behave like the old one regarding its size. (unsure if the ps4 has means to enlarge partitions via debug menu or else...)

Yes they're different, you need the recovery PUP when you swap the hard drive, it's larger and I assume formats your drive appropriately (the one I took out had something like 15 partitions on it, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back