Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter smoere       57      
Status
Not open for further replies.
if the HDD should fit in the chasis without modding 2TB ... i have my Fat-PS4 system chasis moded and now a 4TB Hybrid HDD do it work

I have an Seagate Barrcuda 8tb extertnal 3.5" hard drive with my slim active as a Hybrid . I have used a male to female sata cable connected to the internal sata interface. It uses an external power supply for power as there is not enough current from the internal interface. After the software installation I have 7.20TB free.... I just installed it in an old housing I had.

Looks a little messy at the moment but will tidy it up shortly. The is NOT a USB external hard drive.

Help needed.

I plan to replace my 500gb disk with 1tb. I know that i need recovery update, but i was wondering is there a way to backup my saves, then reinstall games on new drive, and copy saved games back?

Or maybe a way to transfer all data on new drive?

Fw is 4.05

Hi team, I wanted to ask a basic noob question regarding freeing up ps4 disk space with the latest 4.05 JB exploit. When deleting the .pkg file, can we just select "options" menu on controller, and select delete from there, or should we be removing the .pkg via the "debug" menu, ie. (Destroy application/package), etc... Thanks for any help on this. Regards. P.S. I've looked around for any posts on this, but unable to find any, hence asking the ? here...

so can anybody answer my question is external hdd supported like i install pkg on hdd and play from it.. if so is 4tb supported or is there a limit ps4 can handle ?

another thing i wanted to ask if i upgrade my internal hard drive can i keep my psn account or will i have to give it up ...

so can anybody answer my question is external hdd supported like i install pkg on hdd and play from it.. if so is 4tb supported or is there a limit ps4 can handle ?

another thing i wanted to ask if i upgrade my internal hard drive can i keep my psn account or will i have to give it up ...
You will have to give up psn

also before upgrading your hdd backup your psn games to pkg format as you wont be able to confirm the licenses with psn when you upgrade so none of your psn games will work so you have to create working packages before the hdd change (if you put your old hdd back in the ps4 after you upgraded to a new hdd you would still need psn to verify your licenses) so there's no going back

Also disc based game saves dont work with pkg games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back