recent progress, NoNpDrm v1.2 / Download Enabler v4 / Gamecard MicroSD v1.1 updates and 6.61 Adrenaline-6.1 PlayStation Vita developer TheFloW released a 3.65 HENkaku Enso Updater on Github for PS Vita Custom Firmware (CFW) today with details below alongside a v1.1 BugFix update via yifanlu.
Download: enso.vpk (v1.0) / enso.vpk (v1.1) (Fixes installer bricking in rare occasions when trying to uninstall. No changes made to the payload. Visit enso.henkaku.xyz for more information.)
From the README.md, to quote: 3.65 HENkaku Ensō Updater
This does not allow you to hack your console that is on a firmware past 3.60. You need to be on firmware 3.60 in order to use this software.
Custom Firmware 3.65 HENkaku Ensō is a port of henkaku to the latest possible firmware that does still have the bootloader vulnerability.
Pros and cons
- You will be able to access the PSN store, activate your device and download your purchased games again (only as long as Sony doesn't decide to release a new update that prevents you from doing that).
- You will be able to play all games that were released for firmwares 3.61-3.65.
- You will not be able to downgrade back to 3.60 if you find that this custom firmware doesn't suit you.
- You can lose the ability to run homebrews, if you modify the OS and end up in a semi-brick where you are forced to reinstall the firmware. This should however not happen to a regular user, but I'd rather not install applications that modify read-only partitions like os0: or vs0:.
- Some applications may not work on the new firmware and need to be ported.
- Update VitaShell to v1.82 or later
- Download updater.vpk and PSP2UPDAT.PUP.
- If you are on a firmware below 3.60, update to 3.60 and install henkaku. Then you can skip to 5.
- If you are already using 3.60 HENkaku (Enso), uninstall all plugins and uninstall the enso patch. It is recommended to first unlink the Memory Card in HENkaku Settings before you uninstall, so that your Memory Card won't be restricted afterwards due to the spoofed version at ux0:id.dat. Uninstalling all plugins and the enso patch is extremely important, as they can interfere with the update process if enabled (the updater will notice you in case you have not uninstalled them correctly).
- Install updater.vpk using VitaShell and put the PSP2UPDAT.PUP file at ux0:app/UPDATE365/PSP2UPDAT.PUP.
- Reboot your device, start HENkaku and directly launch the updater, without launching anything else before like VitaShell or Adrenaline (since they start kernel modules). Also make sure that your battery is at least at 50%.
- Follow the instructions on screen and enjoy the update process.
- When the updater finishes flashing the new firmware, custom modules will be written to vs0:tai and the bootloader hack injected to the eMMC. You should now be on 3.65 HENkaku Ensō.
- "Are Adrenaline, DownloadEnabler, NoNpDrm and SD2VITA compatible on 3.65?" - Yes they have all been updated and are available under my repositories.
- "Is it risky to perform this update?" - All my betatesters have successfully updated and have no issues so far. The updater has been designed carefully, so you dont need to worry.
- "Will I lose the hack if I format my Memory Card or restore the systems settings?" - No, you can nearly do everything with your device and you will not lose HENkaku. You must just NOT reinstall the 3.65 PUP.
- "I have installed a bad plugin and now my device doesn't boot anymore" - Try to enter the Safe Mode and choose 2. Rebuild Database. This will allow you to boot the device with plugins disabled and fresh config.txt files.
- "Will I be able to hack my device that is on 3.65/3.67?" - Not with this software. I will release my exploit chain by the end of this year or next, so you have to be patient.
If you like my work and want to support future projects, you can make a small donation. Thank you!
- molecule for their original work.
- Mathieulh for providing his devkit.
- Freakler for his LiveArea design.
Tutorial: 3.65 HENkaku Ensō CFW for PS Vita from The Zett's video description, to quote:
–THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR DEVICES THAT ARE ALREADY ON FW 3.61 OR HIGHER!!!–
TheFlow’s 3.65 HENkaku Enso Updater is for PS Vita devices that are currently running Firmware 3.60. The Updater will update the Vita’s system software from 3.60 to 3.65 and install a Custom Firmware alongside version 3.65. Be sure to update VitaShell to v1.82 before you install the 3.65 Enso CFW, otherwise you will have problems with your device!
- PS Vita FW 3.65: OFW 3.65.zip (126.78 MB)
- 3.65 HENkaku Enso Updater: updater.vpk
- VitaShell version 1.82+: VitaShell.vpk
- FileZilla (optional): FileZilla Client for Windows
Download: memory.bin (22.1 MB)
Download: kDump.skprx (3.47 KB)
Download: PSVita-365-decrypted-os0.zip (6.1 MB)
Download: CexToRexPSTV.vpk / CexToRexVITA.vpk / GIT
Thanks to @Barquillo for the news tip in the PSXHAX Shoutbox earlier today!