Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter stooged       Start date Feb 11, 2018 at 7:08 AM       323      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS4HEN on Android Phone tutorial and my recent PS4HEN on Wifi USB Drive guide, I put together an Android app to host the PlayStation 4 exploit and payloads.

You have to setup a wifi hotspot with your phone/tablet and connect the PS4 to that hotspot or connect the phone/tablet to the same network the PS4 is on.

Then install the app and open it and at the top will be the address you need to connect to with the PS4.

Your device might ask you about installing an application from "unknown sources" this is ok to allow, it just means its not coming from Google Play.

You just select the payload you want to run in the app and then use the PS4 to goto the address that you see in the app.

To change the payload just select it in the app and then use the ps4 to revisit/refresh the address again.

Download: Ps4_Serve_v1_8.apk (1.8 MB - Changes) / PS4_Serve GIT

Spoiler: Depreciated

The payloads used are:
Thanks again @XVortex and a picture of the app:

Android App to Host PS4 Exploit and Payloads by Stooged.png

Comments

Just a tip...

If your ps4 "freezes" while trying to launch exploit/payloads before you go and pull the power cord try holding the power button down on the ps4 for about 3 seconds and it should beep.

Then just wait a while and it should shut down and in most cases it will shut down properly without needing to check storage on next boot up.

Just tried quickly before leaving for work. I can load vortex henv1.3 now. Not by selecting vortex hen on the user manual page. I load the Spector first and then on the computer load the vortex hen v1.3 that way. Says "welcome to henv1.3"

Still can't get this app to connect properly from my Samsung s8 yet. Will try tonight when I get home from work.

Also I noticed my little USB key I'm using with pkgs in the root (formatted exfat) has a led light on it and it doesn't light up when I have it in the USB port??? So I'll have to try another USB key to try to install a small test pkg.

Holding down the power button does shut it down eventually but I literally have to hold it for 12 to 13 seconds. cheers.

holding the power button down for that long will cause a hard/forced shut down.

if you only hold the power button down until you hear a beep then release and wait a few minutes it should cause the ps4 to shutdown like it would if you used the controller and selected shut down.

in testing my ps4 will freeze 50 times a day and 9 times out of 10 I can get it to shut down by doing this without needing to check storage when it starts up again.

also once you have the welcome to hen message the exploit and payload are loaded you do not need pc/webbrowser/app anymore.

if you cant get pkg to be listed in debug settings that is totally related to your usb.

and the device like Samsung, lg, pixel or tablets media boxes etc all do not matter when it comes to applications like this only the android version really has an effect on how the app may operate.

it should run on any device that has Android 4.0.3 or above and on the next update it has support for leanback launcher (Android TV) for android powered smart tvs and devices like NVidia shield tv.

Thanks @stooged

For the power button option, when i do have to hold in the button to make it shut down - if i just hold until i hear a beep....that for me is literally is 12 to 13 secs? Now this morning when i did the pc to ps4 ---loading specter------then on pc loading the new hen v1.3 and trying the package installer etc (without going anywhere else like web browser or manual page etc..) i was able to scroll over to the power option on the right and shut down like normal. ((so henv1.2 is definitely a bad culprit, for me anyways, causing these bad freezing issues))

im really hoping to get the android app to work for me tonight when i get home ;)
cheers!

oh as a side note: there must be an app that can tell you what is using port 8080 on your phone? ((I'm assuming that is my issue anyways)

Works great on my Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 not rooted.
I connected to my home's Wifi and put random DNS. Problem solved. Exploit works and the console is unable to conect to the internet, avoiding system updates.

That's how it worked for me. Maybe can work for other people too :)

It's probably not because of samsungs phone. I have s8+ and it works fine. Occasionally shut down because jb is not stable. That's understandable. But probably 9 out of 10 times works.

oh as a side note: there must be an app that can tell you what is using port 8080 on your phone? ((I'm assuming that is my issue anyways)
try this one

Ps4_Serve_v1_6.apk

I have updated it to show if port 8080 is blocked and then it will attempt to use port 9090 if 8080 is in use
it will display errors if the ports are blocked so you will know.

and like I mentioned before this update also includes support for the leanback launcher (android tv) for android enabled smart tvs and devices that use android tv.
I have not fully tested this part yet but going off other projects I have made for android tv like my smb media player it should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back