Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@Retoucher @Orgad

Grab the .bin file from github v5.05. Load Mira payload from webhost v5.05. (I had to do it twice and then it says waiting for payload. Not sure if it was ready after the first time when it just says Mira loaded) Then use netcatgui to send the payload, just drag the bin file into the netcatgui window. change IP to match your system and port to 9020. Then click send payload and App2USB will run.

@Tanmay007 It was running all last night. I havent tried loading a game yet after moving, will test in about 12 hrs.

Using PS4_Serve3. the hen works fine. However I am unable to get apptousb Bin to load on ps4. Ps4 just sits and says "awaiting payload"). android device say payload sent then sometimes says "failed to send payload"

all other payloads work. Anyone any idea (ps4 has been factory reset).

I have a question. If you already have an update downloaded and installed, how do you make it so AppToUSB doesn't copy it again to the USB? Do you put it in a different folder or in the same one with the game?

i dont know what im doing wrong by the 5.05 version doesnt work for me. maybe what im doing wrong is in the .ini file - i put it in the PS4 Folder of my ext hdd and the only thing i changed in it was

Example ignore or move usage.

CUSA00411

because i want to copy cusa00411 from internal to external hdd. the ps4 just says "processing x.pkg" with all my packages on the internal hdd but doesnt copy anything at the end. what am i doing wrong?

@stefanaras02 the app is designed smartly so it just skips anything that already matches preset conditions.

@stfnmnn1 thats how it works. The game will appear to be on your internal hdd but if you see the free space it will be increased to match the size of the moved pkg. It's a bit confusing at first, but the gist is, the more files you move using this method, the more capacity will be added to your internal HDD. Ex. if you move 300gb worth of games your internal HDD capacity will be shown as 1.3tb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back