Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

I'm totally lost on how this works and don't know what the //SKIP_DRIVE does. I have a clean exfat 8TB ready to use [deleted all the pron :(] So what would be the setup on the config to "move" not copy games to the external drive?

Eh sorry for the double post but I think I figured it out. I set the mount point to 1 for the 2nd USB slot. Now I gotta wait for 3TB worth of games to be transferred lmao RIP me.

Wish I had knew about this receiving my pre jailbroken ps4 it came with only 70 games on its 4TB internal HDD. As long the transfer speed is up at 70MB/s it will be somewhat faster

Can't get this to work :unsure: it doesn't copy all my games.. I think it only copied the games which i didn't replace the keystone file. Even tried move mode and it didn't work.

Seems i'm not the only one with this problem.

What are your options if you change the drive letter of the external drive? can you change it back to the correct drive letter, or do you need to reinstall everything manually?

@jtag43 @RedKlover
try v4: https://github.com/stooged/AppToUsb-50X/releases

the issue was with pkg files that were set to "modifiable" had a different header and were not detecting as fpkg.

@oxitran
you cant change the mount point of the usb drive after you have moved the games. if you had the drive mounted as usb0 when the games were moved that drive must always remain as usb0 to work.

if you have changed the mount point in the ini after moving the games you need to change it back to its original mount point for the games to work again.

Hmmmm been awhile since I've checked on this thread. And I have a problem! So the ps4 homescreen became sluggish... I checked online and lots of peeps said to go into safe mode... choose 5 rebuild database.

So I did and seems like everything is gone? All installed internal games and the 8 tb external hd I had full of games doesnt show up in library....@stooged is there an easy fix to this or am I screwed? I'm still on 505 btw

New System storage says 6.82 TB used and 335.9GB free space. ??? Hmmm

@Leeful no sir.. didn't know there was such a thing i'll download it now. have you tried it?

running the "backup" from the exploit page... so will take a bit (6.9 GB) data and game saves i guess... will try after this is done etc

@stripnwild I have not used it personally, but a lot of people have reported that it worked perfectly for them and the missing games were back on their PS4 home screen.

Hope it works for you. Let us know how you get on. :)

hmmm downloaded the .zip file which contain two folders (__pycache__ and sfo) and three files (appinfo.py , fix_db.py and LICENSE)? IM NOT TECH SAVVY

on the ps4 i loaded FTP, I tried double clicking both .py files and a black window pops up for a second then disappears.

then tried typing - python3 fix_db.py PS4_192.168.0.187 in a cmd window (says windows can not find "python3") also tried python3 fix_db.py PS4_IP -- same thing

so not sure how to get past that part yet? (after that u are to - then logout of the PS4 user without closing the browser- which i have no idea how you would do that without exiting browser ? but haven't even gotten there yet)

step 2: start FTP - done
step 3: run the python script though terminal/cmdline - so i opened cmd (black box) and typed fix_db.py PS4_192.168.0.187 and i get ERROR no module named "sfo.sfo" (in the black cmd window) Kinda think i have to have a .sfo file in that folder? (which there isn't)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back