Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@najmudi92 As far as a tutorial its pretty simple.

1. Connect exFAT formatted external hard drive to PS4.
2. Run payload.

Thats is pretty much it. If you need help with #2 there are a zillion tutorials with pictures on how to do it hosting the exploit many ways (until someone else web hosts it).

For PC hosting: Get netcatgui. Put the PC/PS4 on the same network. Run netcatgui, change port to 9020. Drag payload bin to netcatgui and hit send.

As I said there are plenty of detailed tutorials to send payloads.

If games are on internal they will copy to external. if games are on root of external they will "link" to ps4 and copy into the correct folders on external.

So v6 there still is not much to it.

I've got the payload running and my games are transferring from my internal to my external drive, the only issue I'm having is a really slow transfer speed. One of my games is 16.5gb, but it's only transferred 15% of the file in 20 minutes, is that normal ?

@Owz206 Are you sure its on the same file? It keeps providing updates of that same file? (i.e. 10%, 12% etc)

When I used the tool the % would jump all over the place because it was on the next file at the next polling update.

Also are you using USB2.0 or 3.0?

ok so its been setup to have the option to check the root of the usb drive for pkg files that are being copied from the ps4 system drive.

if the pkg file is found in the root of the usb drive it will move the pkg instantly to the correct CUSA usb folder and link it to save time having to copy the pkg from the ps4 system.

the filename of the pkg files on the root of the usb does not matter it will check all pkg files.

its default is off so if you want it on uncomment //CHECK_USB in the ini.

payload.bin
.js versions
Code:
To check the usb root for the pkg file to save time copying from the internal ps4 drive then uncomment the line below.
but remember this will move the pkg from the root directory to the PS4 folder.
//CHECK_USB

To use this list as a list of games you want to move not ignore then uncomment the line below.
//MODE_MOVE

Example ignore or move usage.

CUSAXXXX1
CUSAXXXX2
CUSAXXXX3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back