Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter koyi       203      
Status
Not open for further replies.

koyi

Contributor
Hello guys!

I have a PS3 super-slim (CECH4004A) running on OFW 4.81. For the past 2 weeks i've been trying to get backups running on it.

Sadly i don't have a CFW donor console that i could use for the DTU method and right now i can't spend the money to get an ODE (and im not even sure that there is one for my 4004A/OFW4.81).

My only hope is trying to get converted backups up and running on my PS3. The only game that i was able to get running was Afro Samurai (BLUS30264) that i got from that Russian forum that's mentioned in the Heavy Rain / Older LIC.DAT guide.

I would like to ask for you help to determine if im doing something wrong during the backup injection or its my console/game's problem.

My way of doing the backup injection:

1. I get my clean backup data (I've been using the same backup for all my testing.)
2. I get the PS3_GAME folder and set the PARAM.SFO to HG mode
3. I run it through either PS3GameConvert_v0.91 or CFW2OFW v5
4. I grab the updates for the said game
5. I copy the output folders+update PKGs to their respective folder in TrueAncestor BACKUP Retailer v2.20
6. I restore the backup on my PS3 and try testing the restored games that usually end up asking for the disc even though i've set it to HG mode previously or end up with different unique errors (Hanging the console or the game freezes after its loaded from the XMB and sometimes i just get kicked back to the XMB)

(I am aware of the fact that some games require "exclusive methods")

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My way of doing the backup injection:

1. I get my clean backup data (I've been using the same backup for all my testing.)
2. I get the PS3_GAME folder and set the PARAM.SFO to HG mode
3. I run it through either PS3GameConvert_v0.91 or CFW2OFW v5
4. I grab the updates for the said game
5. I copy the output folders+update PKGs to their respective folder in TrueAncestor BACKUP Retailer v2.20
6. I restore the backup on my PS3 and try testing the restored games that usually end up asking for the disc even though i've set it to HG mode previously or end up with different unique errors (Hanging the console or the game freezes after its loaded from the XMB and sometimes i just get kicked back to the XMB)

(I am aware of the fact that some games require "exclusive methods")

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Let's see if any of the experienced guys can check your steps above for any issues or oversights...

@albatawy, @akela1979, @Blade, @kdwgamestore, @nikitaluger, @RLC if you can share any ideas or pointers for someone on a PS3 Super Slim running OFW 4.81 without a second console available to get more than the one game (Afro Samurai BLUS30264) he got working from the Compatibility List that would be much appreciated! (y)

What is the real method? Can anyone send me the method? I've been testing but i only uses the latest update and the game don't open or opens but get a black screen.

The only game that i've got running is flOw but i used it from a russian page converted. I downloaded GTA SA converted and installed it in my ps3 and doesn't get it functionally sent me a error ¿80003100E? Says it needs a disk

Sorry for my bad english
I'm centroamerican

To keep things clear in this thread, are you in the same boat at the above poster... where you only have a PS3 on 4.81 OFW and no second PS3 on CFW available?

To keep things clear in this thread, are you in the same boat at the above poster... where you only have a PS3 on 4.81 OFW and no second PS3 on CFW available?
I have only one ps3 same model of koyi i installed flOw Bionic commando rearmed journey and Motorstorm RC and all (except flOw) is a trial.

Bionic commando give me a Black screen in the edit of param.sfo I changed System Firmware to 4.8100 and changed the title id to NPEBxxxx but that hasnt do a change :"v

Gotcha... ok so @koyi and you are both stuck in the same place, with only Afro Samurai (BLUS30264) from him and flOw from you (both from the Russian page) working.

Can you try following his guide and see if you can get Afro Samurai (BLUS30264) working too... or post the flOw download link so he can try the one you got working?

This way you guys can help each other until someone else with a PS3 who is experienced in these OFW methods responds here. :)

Thank you guys for the feedback so far! :)
This is the page where i downloaded flow: http://www.pspx.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=1109208

Only put the decompressed game in Game folder of TABR and run Injection tool option 1,4,S

Edit1: Can you try Motorstorm RC with all updates? Most of people get the game running but I cant get it in my ps3
Yeah sure i will try it soon but it will take like 2 hours cause i will have a friend coming over soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back