Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter WalangAlam       6      
Status
Not open for further replies.

WalangAlam

Contributor
What is the latest method in backing up PS4 Games? If I rip back up my games now, what are the chances that I will be able to run my back up when the time comes that a multiman like apps will be available by then?

I planning to back up all my games in hard disk and start creating collections...

There are a few methods to backup (dump) PS4 game discs HERE, however, they are not decrypted like some of the PlayStation 4 games linked HERE so chances are the dumped games will require further work before being playable as back-ups. ;)

Were there apps that decrypted early PS3 back up and convert them to multiman playable copies? Will there be a chance that an apps will be released to convert and make early encrypted PS4 back up playable? There was multiman already when I got my first ps3. I want to build my digital back up early...

PlayStation 3's circumstances differed in many ways, from GeoHot's public PS3 jailbreak exploit to PS3 CFW to the leaked Sony JIGs and downgraders allowing 3.55 and below consoles to be jailbroken.. and all the key leaks, etc.

As for PS4, awhile back TRSi was seeking PS4 decryption testers so maybe eventually they will release some tools.

Also @RedEyeX32 released a decrypted MWR PS4 PKG not long ago, hopefully more will follow or perhaps even some of his own tools too.

At this point it's uncertain whether the rumored PS4 CFW will run normal game dumps and decrypt them or whether decrypted files are required... it may actually very per game if some have specifically encrypted EBOOTs for example.

Right now it's still a waiting game for the public PS4 scene unfortunately... so most of the answers remains to be seen.

The best option so far IMHO is to get the pkg links using the ps4 proxy app and download them to your PC. Backup your save file to PS plus cloud and delete the game from your ps4. When you want it back on your ps4, you can transfer the game from your PC using the ps4 proxy app. It saves a lot on bandwidth since the only thing you're redownloading is your save file

Thanks so much guys, i might lose a bd or two in the future. redownloading fr net will be pita since my net speed is so slow. Dowloading 40gb might take me weeks. So if i can have back ups in hdd would help me a lot. Thanks for giving me the basic and direction, i will try to research more on this, if anybody have other ideas pls post them here. tia
The best option so far IMHO is to get the pkg links using the ps4 proxy app and download them to your PC. Backup your save file to PS plus cloud and delete the game from your ps4. When you want it back on your ps4, you can transfer the game from your PC using the ps4 proxy app. It saves a lot on bandwidth since the only thing you're redownloading is your save file
Pkg are not encrypted? only the rif file? Is skfu the best proxy apps? pkg can only can only be sniff and downloaded if you buy the game digitally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back