Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 1, 2017 at 10:50 PM       71      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the last KDW CFW2OFW v1.2 update, PlayStation 3 developer friendlyanon (aka helloiamsomeone and known as @Kusu here) recently made available CFW2OFW Helper v1 including source code for those Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW with an ongoing PS3 CFW2OFW Compatibility thread by @nikitaluger alongside the List of Working PS3 CFW Games on OFW by @albatawy and details below. (y)

Download: CFW2OFW Helper (Latest Release) / GIT

To quote from helloiamsomeone on Reddit: CFW2OFW Helper Release

I created a very simple tool to save users the headaches that converting games for CFW2OFW data utility transfer exploit might cause.. well at least it did for me.

This is the very first thing I ever created with C#, so feedback is welcome. I'd like more people to test this, because I am not able to test the result of this program currently. If you have simple suggestions, then post them here, technical issues should go on GitHub and reports about a conversion being incompatible go in here if possible.

From the README.md file: CFW2OFW-Helper

Providing aid in converting video games.

Requirements
Usage

See the help screen of the program.

Todo
  • Remake/Combine PKG handling code
  • Add more options as arguments (feedback is welcome)
  • and some more?
License

WTFPL
CFW2OFW Helper for Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW by FriendlyAnon.png

Comments

@nikitaluger seems to me you have experimented a lot with the DTU exploit, so I have a question.

Is it okay to download just the very first patch of a game for the conversion? I created my program to copy the exact process that the CONVERT.bat did basically, just completely automated.

Regarding games that need stuff from DEMOs, are zeus links illegal? Beyond Two Souls for example needs the EBOOT from the demo for a successful conversion.

I converted most of my games using only the 1st patch for the game so that's a YES but there are certain games that won't work this way and you need to use more than just the first patch, I'm not 100% sure but games like GT6 and MGS5PP are some examples. As for zeus links... This is the 1st time I have heard of it so I can't say.
How to copy games on ps3 with a file exceeding 4 giga The Last of Us
I FTP my games into my CFW PS3. I use filezilla (PC) + webMAN-MOD (PS3)

Damn it! I've been trying to make minecraft ps3 ed. work but my ps3 keeps giving me load failure error... Any advice guys?

I've taken a look at PS3gameconvert_v0.91 and it has a slightly different behaviour compared to Game_Convert
Game_convert uses a generic EP9000-xxxxyyyyy_00-0000000000000001 contentID for converting game files, while PS3gameconvert_v0.91 extracts the contentID from the EBOOT.BIN

Since the aim of my program is a completely automated, novice freindly conversion process, I'm wondering whether to make a whitelist sort of thing where some games are defined as requiring all patches, or the conversion logic of PS3gameconvert_v0.91
Both of which need heavy informational feedback, which I found to be scarce so far.

CFW2OFW Helper v5 by friendlyanon
  • Locally present patches are now checked with SHA1 to verify integrity
  • Code cleanup
  • Added new logic based on PS3GameConvert_v0.91
Quoting Issue #1:
Please, if anybody has a good knowledge of this whole converting process, please contact me. I know there are some special cases, where EBOOT from a demo is required, not all patches are required, etc. Basically I want to reduce redundant work that my program does and increase compatibility. Thanks in advance

Downloads

you should try destiny game... I was able to convert it by using another tool and I also had installed/patched the dlc before moving to original console. After that I realized it's not worth spending time for online games, because you will always ban even if you use an original console. Reason is they see your account has not reedemed any code into your account even if you have installed them into your console --> ban for sure!

So, my suggestion is : Any converting processing you are going to use is worth for only offline game. :)

You are wrong, destiny works nice, no risk.
Online games just need a bit of common sense as always.
And who are converting today knows that.

That's why i have some bad feeling about this program, dont like it does more than it should do, specially for online games.
I prefer 0.7 or 0.91 to do those games and keep the flow controlled.

No way! I'm talking about destiny plus all dlcs (installed as pkg into cfw console and patched) before than moving to an original console.

You maybe are right if only you convert the destiny without dlcs, in other case you'll be banned for sure. I proved it on myself... just think you never have destiny dlcs as physical game for ps3 but only as downloable in change of a reedem code.. so they check your account and see you don't have any reedem code but you have destiny the king taken and they figure out you never have bought it--> even if you're playing the game on an original console..

yes, i re-read it and im agree, again, its just common sense if we know how the system works.

Even converting the psn version of an online game is risky.
You know, but people will "dream" this is only a game and that's all... poor bastards..

My post is just a suggestion for not wasting time to converting games who require online, different case for the offline ones. Then, this process is worth it... IMHO

Bungie is so fox that, first , bans your account, second if you re-create a new account and start playing again (with same original console) they ban your console, even if it is original! I experienced it yesterday. Obviously is a device ban only for destiny, because by same account you can always log in psn (no psn ban)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back