Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 1, 2017 at 10:50 PM       71      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the last KDW CFW2OFW v1.2 update, PlayStation 3 developer friendlyanon (aka helloiamsomeone and known as @Kusu here) recently made available CFW2OFW Helper v1 including source code for those Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW with an ongoing PS3 CFW2OFW Compatibility thread by @nikitaluger alongside the List of Working PS3 CFW Games on OFW by @albatawy and details below. (y)

Download: CFW2OFW Helper (Latest Release) / GIT

To quote from helloiamsomeone on Reddit: CFW2OFW Helper Release

I created a very simple tool to save users the headaches that converting games for CFW2OFW data utility transfer exploit might cause.. well at least it did for me.

This is the very first thing I ever created with C#, so feedback is welcome. I'd like more people to test this, because I am not able to test the result of this program currently. If you have simple suggestions, then post them here, technical issues should go on GitHub and reports about a conversion being incompatible go in here if possible.

From the README.md file: CFW2OFW-Helper

Providing aid in converting video games.

Requirements
Usage

See the help screen of the program.

Todo
  • Remake/Combine PKG handling code
  • Add more options as arguments (feedback is welcome)
  • and some more?
License

WTFPL
CFW2OFW Helper for Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW by FriendlyAnon.png

Comments

I tried v3 and it's in a way great since it automates pretty much everything but I encountered some issues... It will download all available patches for a game before conversion. It's alright when your game only has one patch available or a couple small ones but I see this as a problem for games with a lot of big patches (eg. GT6).

I can't use it unfortunately because while it creates 2 directories, it doesn't convert my PS3_Game folder properly and a lot of the files are missing.

I'd appreciate if you stated the TITLE_ID of the game you tried to convert, so I can test it myself as well. According to gametdb these are the CFW2OFW compatible GT6 versions:

unknown.png

2.6 gigs isn't that big tbh, my guinea pig was minecraft and that has patches half this big.
Does the program say done for everything tho?
What files are missing?
Please delete the converted game folder, extract/copy GT6's PS3_GAME again in the working directory, open a command prompt in that directory and paste this in your console
Code:
dir /A:-D /B /O:N > before.txt
Convert the game, and after the conversion paste this in your console again:
Code:
dir /A:-D /B /O:N > after.txt
zip up the 2 new text files that were created and please send them my way.

I'd appreciate if you stated the TITLE_ID of the game you tried to convert, so I can test it myself as well. According to gametdb these are the CFW2OFW compatible GT6 versions:

2.6 gigs isn't that big tbh, my guinea pig was minecraft and that has patches half this big.
Does the program say done for everything tho?
What files are missing?
Please delete the converted game folder, extract/copy GT6's PS3_GAME again in the working directory, open a command prompt in that directory and paste this in your console
Code:
dir /A:-D /B /O:N > before.txt
Convert the game, and after the conversion paste this in your console again:
Code:
dir /A:-D /B /O:N > after.txt
zip up the 2 new text files that were created and please send them my way.
I tried it using NARUTO SHIPPUDEN Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst [BLUS31350] & NARUTO SHIPPUDEN Ultimate Ninja STORM Revolution [BLES02014]. I extracted the PS3_GAME from my ISO and placed it in the v3 root folder. I was very impressed that your app did everything in just one click (kudos).

I did not find any errors during the process but the output files were around 200mb+/- total for each game. Its like it prepared the patch with no issue but the conversion for the PS3_GAME did not went well and deleted it in the process. I have some queue but I will retry in an hour or so and will post some screenshots.

EDIT: I just used GT6 as an example since that thing had a lot of updates 10GB in total. I'm used to just converting games using only the 1st patch available and leave the rest of the update process when the game is already transferred to my PS3.

I fixed it, it was a big failure on my part. I accidentally messed up the order here
v4 is now available for download

By the way, I really do appreciate your feedback. Please keep it up and report back when you successfully installed a game with either of the two methods on the OFW PS3

Thanks for the update, will try this on Minecraft PS3 Ed., Resident Evil Rev. 2 and Naruto. I swear I got that save issue on RE fixed before.
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN Ultimate Ninja STORM Revolution BLES02014 - Works no doubt about that.
  • RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2 BLUS31444 - Works without "Creating Save Data" loop, I hope it stays fixed this time.
  • Minecraft PlayStation3 Edition [BLES01976] - FAIL, error during loading, I don't know why. Will retry using PSN release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back