Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 22, 2019 at 3:40 AM       4,340       17            
Last week he made available a Dishonored: Definitive Edition 60 FPS Mod PS4 PKG, and today @Wastelander121 returns bringing a Deadpool 60 FPS Mod PS4 PKG (CUSA-03528) via Twitter with a PlayStation 4 video of it in action from his YouTube Channel courtesy of Deppressiety. :cool:

Download: EP0002-CUSA03528_00-DEADPOOLPS400000-A0122-V0122.pkg (76.3 MB)

Spoiler: Depreciated

From the video's description: Allows Deadpool on PS4 to run at 60 FPS. Other changes in this mod are improved texture filtering (from 4 to 8) and Vsync. Video kindly recorded by Deppressiety.

Note: The frame rate spikes are due to the game constantly searching for an internet/PSN connection and if there isn't one available it causes the game to stutter. The same happens with the Xbox One version when an Xbox Live connection is not available.

:idea: For more mods across all platforms consider joining their Mod Users Society Discord Channel as well! ;)

[PS4] Deadpool 60 FPS Mod
Deadpool 60 FPS Mod PS4 Package (PKG) by Wastelander121.jpg

Comments

Wastelander121

Developer
Contributor
Verified
Uncapping GTAV isn't as easy as the ports of Deadpool/Dishonored due to it being a completely redone version of the game with many enhanced settings like textures and shadows etc.

It limits the potential for 30 FPS quite a bit. A PC of similar spec will get around the same 30 FPS as a base PS4 would, give or take 5 FPS. A PS4 Pro *might* be able to get it to 45-60 but I don't have one to test with.

I'll still look into uncapping it at some point but we'll have to see how it performs before I consider releasing it.

Here's a DigitalFoundry comparison of a PS4 vs a similarly specced PC. If I made an FPS uncapper it'd be around the same frame rate, at least on the base system and Slim model.

Recent Articles
Chiaki: Free and Open Source PS4 Remote Play Client by Thestr4ng3r!
Last month we reported on a PS4 Remote Play open source client in development by thestr4ng3r, and today he released Chiaki... the first free and open source PS4 Remote Play client software for...
Sony Patent Surfaces on Rumored PlayStation 5 / PS5 Development Kit Design
Although Sony's next-generation PlayStation 5 console isn't expected until the 2020 holiday season, today Andrew Marmo tweeted about a rumored Sony Interactive Entertainment patent...
CoD: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha Gamescom 2019 PS4 Trailer and Tips
The public Gamescom 2019 event runs from August 21st through the 24th, and during the weekend of August 23rd through the 25th gamers will be able to play the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha...
Ninja Shodown PS4 Homebrew Game in Development, Demo by Markus95
Since the PCSX-R Emulator PS4 PKG release, PlayStation 4 developer @Markus95 (aka @Kus00095) shared a demonstration video of a new homebrew game in development for PS4, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch...