Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 22, 2018 at 10:46 PM       222      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the recent PS4 Barthen Method for getting newer games running with PS4HEN, some forum members including @SkysTheLimit, @Goldenboy22 and @Picalo would like to open a discussion of theories on how newer PlayStation 4 game dumps can become playable on exploited 4.05 Firmware consoles. :unsure:

We'll use this as an ongoing discussion thread for those who'd like to share their insight and research into getting newer PS4 games with Minimum Firmware Versions above 4.05 OFW dumped and running, which according to Mathieulh is currently the BEST PS4 Firmware to be on as 1.76 is now considered outdated since the 4.05 exploit chain from SpecterDev with popular 4.05 exploit forks and experiments by IDC alongside the PS4 Exploit Host by Al Azif. (y)

Here are links to some current theories from the Barthen Method topic:
Finally, below are some other PS4 MEME and Tweets making rounds on Twitter today:
Cheers to @B7U3 C50SS and @SSShowmik for tips in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :beer:
Discussion of Theories for Newer PS4 Games on 4.05 Firmware.jpg

Comments

i think the pkg key is stored in pfs.pbm file if i am wrong anyone know whats this file for ?

You can spoof kern.sdk_version by poke the kernel at this location:
Code:
*(uint32_t *)(kernel_base + 0x1344618) = 0x5050001;
This will give you the ability to install the higher games, but it will not solve the problems with launching.
Maybe this will help to get closer to solving your task.

@XVortex In a first time this could be used to install update patch with higher fw requirement considering version :) it would be great to made a payload for that !!!

Even if you could install it, you wouldn't be able to run the game if they patched the eboot.bin and other files.

What i would like to know is how does the ps4 authetificate a BD Game and ckecks the fw requirement?

Lets assume that you are able to install every 4.05+ game on 4.05. Then you still need a method to dump/launch it. That in itself is hard, and now lets assume that you are able to launch it. Some of them will be playable with slight modifications while others might be completely unplayable because of features needed from higher firmware.

On top of that, you most likely need to modify files to be able to run it on a 4.05 console, this means that once there is a better version than 4.05 out there, these dumps become useless.

See where I am going? Even if we were able to do all of the above, in the end if we look at long term, a new exploitable firmware is the best way of playing 4.05+ games. Yes it is great that HZD works but I think we all understand that 4.07 is probably so much more like 4.05 than 5.50.

So, understand me correct please, this spoof kernel version_sdk stored in memory, but runtime not possible to decrypt installed package because samu lack later keys to decrypt?

so idea, maybe we need extra nice person with private exploit, scrape new key from late samu (glitch attack said to do this?), find way to use to decrypt.

Annoyed, still wait working ps4 UPS arrive to test ideas here, after brick original :(

@Progamerxx perhaps we can keep old eboot.bin or compare with the new one and patch in reverse ? is there some kind of tools to decrypt eboot.bin and edit eboot.self (other than hex editor) ? Many thanks to all :)

Bjorno exactly!

From my perspective, this is step back. Of course, its great work and effort, but i think that we have to look at it as "proof of possibility", not the way we should go from now...

Higher fw exploit is what scene needs, if we stuck too long on 4.05, scene will slowly die. Too much people are on pro, too much games and/or updates require higher fw, external drive support...

Again, now we are all on hype, repacking, downloading, but in long term i'm affraid that if we stuck on 4.05 it will be pointless....

when you try to run the game you will get the permission error.
You can patch out these error, but you ll stuck on next error and so on.
unfortunately I do not know if there are enough keys for unpacking pfs on 4.05,
am interested in to know this too.

If we force newer key old firmware, perhaps we unpack update for new firmware in safer environment to analyse, with scene debugger other tools made by the many for the possible 4.05.
Proverb say "Impossible journey of 1000 steps starts with single km".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back