Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 7, 2017 at 12:06 AM       9,538       21            
Following their Linux recent progress of the PS4 Running Vulkan, today Sony PlayStation 4 hacker Marcan of Fail0verflow tweeted that he started a PS4 Overlay GIT to make things easier to install PS4-specific Gentoo Portage patched packages and firmware. :D

Download: ps4-overlay-master.zip / GIT / PS4 Overlay for Gentoo GIT / gentoops4april.tar.xz (1.98 MB) / gentoops4kdebeta3.tar.xz (1.75 GB) / gentoops4kdebeta4.tar.xz (1.60 GB) / gentoops4kdebetaV.tar.xz (2.62 GB) / gentoops4kdebeta6.tar.xz (3.04 GB)

From the Twitter circuit:
Unrelated but interesting Tweets:

Thanks to both @mcmrc1 and @raedoob for sharing this PS4 Linux news update in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! (y)
Fail0verflow PS4 Overlay GIT for Gentoo Portage Patches and Packages.jpg

Comments

Lord Pyro ARSON

Contributor
Wow Custom Firmware? But it seems like I got to wait another year for someone to actually "release" something "off the books" the last thing that was released was the henkaku 3.15-3.50 userland exploit and that's also dead in the water. Boy do I miss the ps3 days

HYTR

I'm a Dev now because my name is Grey.
Contributor
Wow Custom Firmware? But it seems like I got to wait another year for someone to actually "release" something "off the books" the last thing that was released was the henkaku 3.15-3.50 userland exploit and that's also dead in the water. Boy do I miss the ps3 days
You had to wait 5 years for an exploit on PS3, so what's your point?

Lord Pyro ARSON

Contributor
You had to wait 5 years for an exploit on PS3, so what's your point?
It wasn't 5 years it was 3 years "mid 2010" coz after a couple of months Anonymous hacked Psn in 2011. So it wasn't long now its been 4 years+ and theres no progress back then it was worse coz CELL was a complex cpu and now we only have x86 which is familiar....

Tm4

Contributor
My PS4 still collecting dust. Still on 3.50 hoping a jailbreak comes out. I seriously don't give a crap about backing up games. But like I said before imagine the power released from the system when it's fully blown open. Sony are like little female dogs, build such a powerful machine which the end user can't even take advantage of.

Imagine like Kodi and multimedia apps you could possibly install. Emulating PS3,PS2,PS1 games from your own collection on a hard drive. The possibilities are endless!

lobimagobi

Contributor
Linux? Nice. Gentoo? Nice. But we don't care. Make backup manager to run games from HDD and that's all. No need to install gentoo, steam, emulators, 3D acceleration in linux blah blah.

Recent Articles
Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Models and Textures Tool by ID-Daemon
Following his Spider-Man PS4 Skeletal Models & Textures Tool release and the recent RDR2 PS4 Modding Demos data miner @iddaemon (aka ID-Daemon) shared details on his Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4...
3D Renders of Rumored PS5 / PlayStation 5 Development Kit Patent Design
Proceeding the rumored PS5 / PlayStation 5 DevKit Patent that surfaced earlier this week, today some artist renditions based on the Sony patent have surfaced for those seeking a closer look at the...
Latest PlayStation 4 Game Trailer Videos from Gamescom 2019
Earlier this week we saw a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha PS4 trailer video from Gamescom 2019, and below is some more fresh PlayStation 4 video game footage from this year's Gamescom...
Chiaki: Free and Open Source PS4 Remote Play Client by Thestr4ng3r!
Last month we reported on a PS4 Remote Play open source client in development by thestr4ng3r, and today he released Chiaki... the first free and open source PS4 Remote Play client software for...