4.84 Rebug PS3 CFW update, and following his last revision PlayStation 3 developer @Alexanderss recently released Ferrox PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW) 4.84 v1.00 Cobra 7.55 which also adds support for PS3 Firmware 4.84 with the changes outlined below.
Download: FERROX484COBRA.pup (197.8 MB)
PUP MD5: BEEFC45ADD365E6DA5C12976AA802F19
To quote from LizZo on their latest release, roughly translated: Custom Firmware FERROX 4.84 COBRA 7.55 v1.00
This time we made ourselves wait a while, but now you know that we never miss! Here is the brand new FERROX 4.84 COBRA 7.55, the Custom Firmware most likely used on PS3. There are no changes to system levels and functions compared to 4.83.
As always we did a good test run before the release, so everything is working. In any case it is always possible that we lost some details, and in this case please let me know I recommend!
INSTALLING THE CFW
- Built on the base of OFW 4.84 SONY.
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- Ability to Update from any CFW (CEX).
- Possibility of Update from OFW 3.55 And from original firmware 4.82 [PS3Xploit exploit - compatible consoles only]
- Possibility of Downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
- QA Flags active if previously enabled.
- FEATURE - COBRA Patches 7.55 added
- FEATURE - New Look of the XMB.
- FEATURE - PS2 Games compatibility.
- FEATURE - PSP Games compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
- FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
- FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Consoles affected by RSOD.
- FEATURE - Keys 4.84 to start Games signed with keys 4.84
- FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
- FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot - find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
- FEATURE - Remote Play support.
- FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager replaces the classic Install Package Files.
- FEATURE - Addition of Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
- PATCH - LV1: Patch to remove LV2 protection.
- PATCH - LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on a non-Dehashed Downgraded Console.
- PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
- PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
- PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message at the Boot.
- PATCH - CINAVIA protection Disabled completely.
- Download the CFW at the top of the page. Rename the .PUP file exactly in: PS3UPDAT.PUP and compare the MD5 with the one you find at the top of the page! You can use the MD5sums Tool that you find online.
- Take a USB formatted in FAT32, and create a new folder called PS3, inside it create another one called UPDATE, and inside this last insert the PS3UPDAT.PUP File, which would be the Custom Firmware.
- Insert the USB into the rightmost port on the PS3.
- Be sure to : Remove any disc from the PS3 player, unmount any games loaded with any Manager, disable Internet connection.
- Simply go to the 'Settings' column, then 'System Update' and choose 'By storage media'.
- Select the CFW and the process will start.
- Turn off the Console.
- Switch on again by holding down the Power button until the console turns off again.
- Now switch on again by holding down the Power button until you hear 2 Beeps close to each other.
- At that point release the Power button!
For a clean installation, you can install the CFW twice. You can also go back to Recovery and choose the Options to Rebuild the Database and Restore the File System. This way you will have a more than clean and safe installation. Ok. You can choose to Install the CFW from the XMB or from Recovery.
- From the Recovery Menu now, select 'System Update'.
- Just follow the instructions on the screen, and you're done!
As always, the sources of the Alexander developer will soon be available in his Github.
CFW 4 84 FERROX COBRA via donatelo27