Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends!!! Following the initial release of my Fursan al-Aqsa: The Knights of the Al-Aqsa Mosque full game last year, I decided to make the homebrew ports for PS3 and Xbox 360 free... so you can now enjoy the best and most based homebrew game released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360! 🎮

It's available to download on GameJolt.com, and I'm already working on a new version (Fursan al-Aqsa Remake) which is on Steam and coming soon to EPIC Games Store as well.

Fursan al-Aqsa runs on PS3 CFW/HEN and on Xbox 360 RGH/JTAG, but you must manually change your console output video settings to 480p otherwise the game will not run.

As all of you know, I was able to port the free version of Unreal Engine 3 to both PS3 and Xbox 360 some years ago, but unfortunately I was not able to optimize it enough to make it run perfectly on these consoles.

It runs at 60 fps on the 480p resolution, but if you change to 720p or even 1080p it will cause a memory overload on the PS3. Some maps may run on Xbox 360 since the RAM memory of Xbox is 521 MB, while the PS3 is just 256 MB so I optimized the HUD to work on 480p and because of this you need to manually change the console output resolution.

I tried to change this setting on the PARAM.SFO but it did not work, it seems that this is something hard-coded on the Unreal Engine 3 itself since I used very old UE3 source code for porting the engine.

Anyway, I'm sure you will enjoy this game. The console versions are based on the first build, so it contains some bugs and the game's difficulty is hardcore. The actual build on steam is much better and improved compared to the consoles versions, but anyways this was more a personal challenge for myself.

The best thing is that it has local multiplayer with split screen on both consoles! Enjoy!

P.S: A huge thanks for my great friend @PSXHAX for all these years of support for this project since the times of UDK Ultimate Engine.
Fursan al-Aqsa The Knights of the Al-Aqsa Mosque Free for PS3 & Xbox 360.png

Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back