Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding his PS4 FPKG Game Updates Patch Guide, PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE let us know on Twitter that he's updated his YouTube Channel today with a new tutorial on improving the speed of the Remote Package Installer. ;)

This comes following the recent PS4 Remote PKG Installer alongside the resulting PS4 RPI Web GUI, PS4RPI GUI, PS4 Remote Sender GUI for MacOS and PS4 Remote PKG Sender GUI frontend releases.

To quote from the video's caption: Improving the Speed of the Remote Package Installer

How to increase the download speed of the remote package installer.

Download Links:
PS4 Remote Package Installer Tutorial (5.05 Jailbreak)
Installing PS4 Games, DLC & Updates (PS4 6.72 Jailbreak)
Installing Retail Updates on a Jailbroken PS4 (6.72 or Lower!)
Improving PS4 Remote Package Installer Speed by MODDEDWARFARE.jpg

Comments

@Zeref Yes its faster. In your current setup the data has to go from PC to Router to PS4 but with connection sharing its just going directly from PC to PS4. As for your other question the PC needs to be connected to the router the PS4 does not.

This does not work for me; I can't even set it up. I followed the original video's instructions and it still looks like I'm doing something wrong.

I've installed the http server , changed the PS4 ip and server ip txt files to what they should be , but when I launch the remote package sender and drag the package to the install_pkg.bat file , it opens a cmd window and the last thing it shows is "Hit CTRL-C to stop the server" , nothing else afterwards.

Could i use a crossover cable ? Pc to ps4 no router...?? Thanks again for the guide and tut vids MW great job

@wellingtonsilva
You need to use the one prior to that release as it crashes for me ..mite be a OS issue im on win7 but use the older version and you should be good

@MODDEDWARFARE Great tutorial, Works awesome for me.

One question, is there a way to install multiple pkg files at once? I tried to Drag and Drop multiple files to the BAT file but it is installing only one pkg.

I now downloaded the PS4 Remote PKG Sender GUI for Installing Packages by Irefuse , And it works also just fine with multiple pkgs.

Is there a way to do it without external programs? Thanks.

Thank you MW for all your Excellent! methodical Tutorials... They are just so easy to follow and so informative ... Thank you.

Best Regards,

I used wifi 5Ghz on a PC and PS4 connected trough LAN. Average speed 70~120MBit/s.

By the way don't use Blank space in PKG filename. It should be like
RUINER.PS4.5.05.PATCH.v1.04.pkg not RUINER PS4 5.05 PATCH.v1.04.pkg , however may it's possible to modify Install_pkg.bat, so it could be possible to use any names in pkg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back