Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding his PS4 FPKG Game Updates Patch Guide, PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE let us know on Twitter that he's updated his YouTube Channel today with a new tutorial on improving the speed of the Remote Package Installer. ;)

This comes following the recent PS4 Remote PKG Installer alongside the resulting PS4 RPI Web GUI, PS4RPI GUI, PS4 Remote Sender GUI for MacOS and PS4 Remote PKG Sender GUI frontend releases.

To quote from the video's caption: Improving the Speed of the Remote Package Installer

How to increase the download speed of the remote package installer.

Download Links:
PS4 Remote Package Installer Tutorial (5.05 Jailbreak)
Installing PS4 Games, DLC & Updates (PS4 6.72 Jailbreak)
Installing Retail Updates on a Jailbroken PS4 (6.72 or Lower!)
Improving PS4 Remote Package Installer Speed by MODDEDWARFARE.jpg

Comments

noticed this with pkgsender tool. if your game is in other directory, for example, you pkg sender is in C drive and your game is in other partition like D drive, the transfer rate takes hours. so you need to copy the game first to the C directory to make the transfer rate faster, im talking in minutes.

<<< Solution for being unable to install some games >>>

Rename the package file to any name without any special characters e.g. GAME.PKG
Go to PS4 Notifications and delete all downloads (failed downloads) notifications

Run RPI from PS4 > send the game from PC> Enjoy

it worked once for me then it refused next day, do i have to set up adapter settings for modem each time? because thats the only thing i didnt do in the steps the second time.

download speed is fast at the start but when its near the end download slows down to the point it will take a couple of hours again, noticed that the CMD window shows no updates when this happens. any fix?

I'm having issues. My PC and PS4 are connected to the same Gbit network (they are on the same Gbit switch, connected by ethernet).

I do get a notification that the pkg is being installed, but only very smallupdates are actually pushed. Larger ones stops at "calculating....." (for space I guess) and after a while it just stops...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back