Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding his PS4 FPKG Game Updates Patch Guide, PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE let us know on Twitter that he's updated his YouTube Channel today with a new tutorial on improving the speed of the Remote Package Installer. ;)

This comes following the recent PS4 Remote PKG Installer alongside the resulting PS4 RPI Web GUI, PS4RPI GUI, PS4 Remote Sender GUI for MacOS and PS4 Remote PKG Sender GUI frontend releases.

To quote from the video's caption: Improving the Speed of the Remote Package Installer

How to increase the download speed of the remote package installer.

Download Links:
PS4 Remote Package Installer Tutorial (5.05 Jailbreak)
Installing PS4 Games, DLC & Updates (PS4 6.72 Jailbreak)
Installing Retail Updates on a Jailbroken PS4 (6.72 or Lower!)
Improving PS4 Remote Package Installer Speed by MODDEDWARFARE.jpg

Comments

My speed hasn't increased, cause the package file sender does work but the speed is still slow and this is what i see when i drag a pkg into the install feature then i get.

It shows my http ser settings for some reason. it does just only show the Available Servers

CORS: disabled
Serve GZIP Files: false
Serve Brotli Files: false
Default file Extension: false

i was going to post saying i am stuck getting it to work then hey presto noticed my mistake.

ive had a ps4 for nearly 3 years running 5.05 and never got round to touching it due to being diagnosed with cancer, now im sort of getting better ive come to go on it then found it was broke, kept over heating so had that fixed then my disc drive doesnt detect games.

so i only intended to play the games i own on disc but now i have to download and install them, this tool is great and working.

am i right in thinking if a game says it has backport for 5.05 and has a pkg to install that it is safe to install said game then the backport 5.05 pkg and it will patch the game to run on 5.05 consoles, or do i have to use the tutorial i think modded did to patch your pkg?

sorry if its a n00b question, i never got round to looking into the scene years ago.

and is it true that sometimes if your console overheats and gets fixed the disc drive drivers may need installing by re installing 5.05 firmware, when i insert a disc it just shows the disc icon in the top corner and thats it, it feeds discs and ejects them fine.

Edit: balls, gone to install crysis remastered and it fails near the end, it tries to download firmware update and fails, then fails to install rest of the game, do i install the backport first

thanks greatly for this, i didnt have a flash drive or external hard drive available to me and this was a life saver and a very inexpensive way to get my PKGs over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back