Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter Dirk Diggler       30      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is that any games ex. Driveclub that required ofw < 3.55 i put in ps4, go to icon disc press options 'verify update' it ask psn log in (also if internet connection is disabled!) update of game not start to download (not depends of ofw version) why if games update not require psn? Required or not psn log to update games??

I shouldn't have to update my firmware to get patches for games below my firmware level. But the PRO won't even let you connect to anything without an update. Can't wait to fix that. I paid for the damn game.. That should entitle me to the patches whether I have psn or up to date firmware.

I shouldn't have to update my firmware to get patches for games below my firmware level. But the PRO won't even let you connect to anything without an update. Can't wait to fix that. I paid for the damn game.. That should entitle me to the patches whether I have psn or up to date firmware.

Depends on what firmware the update was built on, from a software standpoint as various is functionality is changed over time. That being said so of the recent patches seem to be to force updates, though 4.0 is a large upgrade

I'm sure it I updated to 4.01 from stock 3.70 for my ps4 pro I'd be able to update games. However I'm not going to risk it at the moment. Just frustrating that sony would ship a console that is essentially crippled in every aspect right out of the factory.

My issue is that games not start to download! not that games update require more ofw level! why my ps4 ask me psn to download any updates games of old games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back