Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter NORATIO       Start date Jan 31, 2018 at 12:36 AM       145      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since @XVortex created a java payload version of PS4HEN that doesn't require you to push it using a PC, thanks to his web/java version, I have searched for a way to get this working without a web server needed.

It comes to my mind that PS4 supports BD-J (for Java) for it's Blu-ray Live (BD-Live) and that it has persistent storage and ability to do virtual storage as well.

The process is simple:
  • create a menu for Blu-ray to call ps4-hen-vtx that will load payload.js and the rop.js
  • burn the Blu-ray disc (create an iso)
  • play back in PS4 and click on the menu to load the payload
I will be playing with this more this weekend, but meanwhile, if @XVortex or someone else wants to give a try, go ahead. That will be a perfect so the PS4 is independent of a web server.

More info here ; http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/javame/bluray-142687.html
Loading PS4 Payload from a Blu-ray (Server-less Option) BD-J.jpg

Comments

experience is a teacher. playing with software has its benefits but when your willing to learn you start to pick up many things. seeing the bigger picture is something you obtain in time it's a matter of sticking with it.

sure we all love gaming but when you start to hit points in your life you will find you rather sit down and learn over what people just hand you it becomes a top priority to grasp that knowledge

yes it runs Linux but arch? ppc x86 arm sparc all run Linux but don't make it compadable

Runs on anything that Python 3 can run on.

it's states it's using a http server I was reading thro it which means network connection. you would have to mod this to work

Requires no WAN access. Just a network, can be an airgapped network.

it says it can be done without network but wololo states that it fails for him anyway

I believe this was Wololo looking at the source and misunderstanding a function and assuming it wouldn't work. It most definitely works without a WAN connection, even back then.

I have a actual wololo showing how to do it for others and said it wouldn't work for him. it's posted there but I could be wrong looks like he's tried it

Yeah I saw the article and had multiple people try while offline after that and it just worked out of the box, still no clue what issue he had but for sure rereading it he is definitely misunderstanding something.

"This is because in order to determine your computer’s IP, it tries to connect to a random IP (10.255.255.255) and fails." That right there is 100% incorrect. It determines the IP by opening a socket and reading the sockets IP, that 10.255.255.255 could literally be any IP address. The one I use is a LAN reserved IP on the largest reserved subnet, on the very last one IP... meaning the chances of ever resolving is EXTREMELY low. It is meant to fail, it only trys 10.255.255.255 because I needed it to open a socket to somewhere.

There is also the --ip arg now for binding to specific interface rather than editing the script. This is really only for people who have more than 1 network interface.

Nice! Then build the ISO with the extracted pkg files for a bastardized game disc. I'm not sure if pkgs can't be installed from the BD drive through debug but if they can then a small stub pkg could be created to install the game. Then a second menu item could be used for a payload to edit the app.DB to point to the BD. This would make for a totally self-contained install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back